Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Zombie survival game  (Read 51625 times)

Abyssus Games

Re: Zombie survival game
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »

Me and my studio are wanting to do a realistic survival game in the Outerra Engine. We are currently making character and weapons models for it. Don't know if it will have zombies in it or not yet.

Juggernautz

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »

So, survival against weather/wild animals/starvation? Sounds interesting.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »

Try to stick to as REALISTIC a scenario as you can. The whole "zombie" re-animated flesh thing is too fake for the high standard I hope outerra will set in gaming.

Maybe 94% of the population is sniffing bath salts... Something like that where "zombies" still breath and have heartbeats.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Abyssus Games

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 10:12:09 am »

Yeah there is no point making a realistic game just to dump unrealistic enemies in it. I've got my storywriter coming up with a new form of realistic enemies that don't follow the generic trend. Might take a page from "The Crazies" for the enemies.

Black Phoenix

• Black Phoenix's Brain Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:43 am »

Realistic zombies are kinda boring though... You will need to provide something else for gameplay to keep the player entertained if you're reserving the whole zombies thing for the storyline.

Abyssus Games

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:36 am »

The zombies will be the same as normal zombies except for the fact that they are alive rather than undead. We will be messing around with them to get to a stage wwhere we are happy with them.

Also the game is still in the planning stage so anything can change. There is only so much we can do until a final release of OT is available.

Matt6767

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 12:14:04 pm »

Me and my studio are wanting to do a realistic survival game in the Outerra Engine. We are currently making character and weapons models for it. Don't know if it will have zombies in it or not yet.

omg yay  ;D

Abyssus Games

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »

Aye it should be good, we have got some really cool features we are wanting to add into the game.

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 01:47:33 am »

I am fully supportive of this.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 02:02:01 am »

I am not sure about zombies because the world is so huge that you can put whatever you want on it.

An outer space invasion as in the movie "Independence Day" with huge ships arriving from the skies but this time with the aliens everywhere invading and not exploding in their mother ship...imagine a post-apocalyptic atmosphere (Stalker alike) mixed with all this. I mean Outerra is all about open environments and having that feeling of being alone (at night in the dark with the light of the Moon only) in a devastated city just thinking about in the entire world (literally) is happening the same thing and trying to survive...that´s the thing a survival experience could be great.

At the end of the day possibilities are infinite using Outerra...i think in some more years we are going to see games of all kinds for everyone.     

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:28 am »

Actually, more important than the zombie origins is the varying methods required for dispatching them. The more interesting and innovative the more people will enjoy themselves.

Weapons need to be found or earned not just handed out. A kick, a punch, a heavy stick are available to all. But something like a flame thrower (a realistic don't use indoors or you f__king DIE) flame-thrower should take a player a long time to even see in action never mind YOU finding one. Finding guns with no ammo and holding on to them.

Death from vehicles will require some sort of damage model on said vehicle so it isn't an infinite kill machine. Running out of gas, blown tires and dead batteries should happen at a realistic level.

I assume multi-player by the time this comes to pass and riding 7-8 people in a mini-bus all packing heat for a 30 mile trip will be epic.

Options for lighting has to be fully customizable. For example should the zombie horde come to me right now I have a head-lamp on my head and tac light on my gun.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Abyssus Games

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »

We are going to try and make the game as realistic as possible.

Vehicles will use up fuel at the same rate they would in reallife based on a vehicles average MPG.

Weapons will be customisable so you can have tac lights, sights and silencers etc. Most weapons will come with very little (half a mag) or no ammo and each weapon uses the same ammo types as in real life like 9x19mm for the Ruger SR9 and .45 GAP rounds for the glock 37. Ammo will be rather difficult to find.

Clothing will be customisable as well and will include military gear as well as normal clothing.

There will be handheld weapons that can be used and also there will be a weapon butt and kick attack for those sneaky zombies.

You will be able barricade doors and windows providing you have the right materials. The inventory system is going to be based on reallife with item weight being as close as possible.

The weather system will be as is in reallife dependant on location so if it's raining in washington in real life then it will be in the game as well, this also applies to local time as well.

The AI will react to sound and sight so if its night time and your running around with a head lamp you will attract more zombies and the same goes for firing your weapon.

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:16 pm »

Heck, I personally don't even need zombies, I would be fine with, like, marines going nuts, but meh, whatever.

Also, should I have heard of you before, as Abyssus Games?
Or is it your debut?

Or is just me not reading opening posts... -_-'
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

Abyssus Games

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »

Well you will have to watch out for other players as well as zombies.

We have only been around for a couple of months, we have been working on a game using UDK but I think we are going to put that on hold to concentrate on this instead.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 03:44:31 pm »

How is this for a concept.. You and 1,000 other people (AI workers) all doing normal things and one by one (very slowly) they get more and more irritable and angry and then one or two go berserk and start beheading co-workers.. and then more and more.. If you have ever see that Steven King Movie "Into the Mouth of Madness" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113409/.. Same concept but more horrifying.

Granted this would be a process taking real world weeks to develop. You could add news broadcasts that slowly degrade into just mass murder reports to add to the insanity and suspense. As you play the "normal guy" you could start gathering weapons and friends (Multi-player Humans) in preparation as you never know WHO WILL SNAP NEXT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4