Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Section of a terrain  (Read 8015 times)

Beolex

Section of a terrain
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:38:36 pm »

Hello, what if I were to buy the Outerra engine for a personal project, would it be possible to cut out only lets say Belgrade, Serbia and its 17 municipalities if I wanted to do like a Belgrade Environment? Then you could put big walls near the ends that have a sky texture, or a big bubble/dome over the city that has a panoramic sky picture. It would be good for simulators that focus on just cities, and not the Earth itself. I think this will allow more possibilities for customers who want to make like a New York Taxi simulator, or anywhere that takes place in a certain city.

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Section of a terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

Although I don't know for sure if Outerra can do that, it probably can because I've seen other engines that can create walls and a skybox of some kind.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Section of a terrain
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:24 am »

That would be unnecessarily complicated for us, we can simply give low detail to the surrounding world. If I remember correctly, a whole world in 1km resolution compresses to 300MB