Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Trimming the airplane when flying  (Read 6956 times)

Vincent1000

Trimming the airplane when flying
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:58:40 pm »

Hi, guys!

In Outerra, I'm not too sure how to trim the airplane while flying. I know it is the shift key, but the shift key doesn't seem to do anything. How do I trim the airplane (Pitch, rudder, and aileron trim) when flying in Outerra? Thanks!

Cheers,
                Vincent

Edding3000

Re: Trimming the airplane when flying
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »

Trimming is overrated man! ;D

Vincent1000

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »

Hi, Edding3000!

Like I said, the shift key which is the trim key doesn't anything. How do I trim the airplane so it won't wobble around in the sky (aka flying more stable and flying straight and level).Thanks!

Cheers,
           Vincent

Edding3000

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »

Hi, Edding3000!

Like I said, the shift key which is the trim key doesn't anything. How do I trim the airplane so it won't wobble around in the sky (aka flying more stable and flying straight and level).Thanks!

Cheers,
           Vincent
I have no idea but what i can tell you is that (its a cessna 152 right?) it only has stab. trim. Rudder and aileron trim are really not interesting with a single engine ariplane besides take-off. And even during takeoff ruddertrim is left neutral because it is really easy to forget setting it neutral (as it is in no checklists). Aileron trim... Never used it, not even during N-1 operations. It's just not convenient. Rudder trim though with N-1 operations, are heaven ;)!

Vincent1000

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:00:55 am »

Hi, Edding3000!

The plane what I'm flying in Outerra is a Ceessna 172 Skyhawk I believe which it has a non-retractable landing gear. I think there had to be a way to trim the Cessna 172 Skyhawk in flight in Outerra.

Cheers,
            Vincent

KCMO

• My PANORAMAS
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »

the shift key doesn't seem to do anything

I assigned a joystick button to the trim command and NOW it seems to have an effect with the trim setting data displaying in the lower left. Still trying to figure it out, though.

lonewulf47

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:21:36 pm »

Yes, but trim is only available in nose-down direction ! Not a very comfortable item though. I have been complaining about this already weeks ago but the whole flight controls issue seems to be on a rather low importance. We would need a full set of flight controls including multiengine control and all three axis trim. Well, I might still dream on a little...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:33 pm »

There are so many other things that need to be done... Be patient...  ::)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

angrypig

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:29 am »

Currently trim have to be mapped to POT/HAT button on joystick...this limitation will be solved in near future...

lonewulf47

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 06:36:12 am »

Oh well, yes I see. Unfortunately it doesn't map to somewhat reasonable on my Logitech 3D. Instead of using the main axes up/down and left/right it (automatically) maps to upper left/lower right and upper right/lower left. Definitely not extremely convenient for flying.... :D

Oskar