Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Severe Off-Road Game - Some thoughts for Outerra  (Read 15410 times)

stjern

Re: New Severe Off-Road Game - Some thoughts for Outerra
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »

Zeos you should try UAZ racing 4x4, the best russian game ;)

I wish I had that sort of tire animation for the game I made:O. That's so awesome!

BranchlineBoy

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:26 pm »

I only discovered this marvelous engine a couple of days ago and I can't wait for the first game to use it! I would certainly like to see it usable for some off road exploration, which is the first thing I did in the truck upon downloading the demo. However there was not much opportunity to get stuck or push the truck to its limit. I play a game called Rigs of Rods which is fairly basic on a visual level but, for the vehicles made well, is very accurate on its physics particularly for off road driving. It's this ability to download user's own creations and use them in a physically demanding environment that really wins it for me and my friends. I understand that the primary function here is to recreate the planet but I am interested in to what level the terrain will ultimately be demanding for vehicles. From what I have explored so far of the Outerra world, although there is a good level of uneven ground to drive over there is not much terrain that is fun to take the truck over. I was wondering if there will be any greater deformation in the currently fairly smooth surface. If I haven't explained myself well, being able to drive towards a mountain and pretty much go straight up it isn't much fun, whereas having to pick a route through the jagged hillside would be.

I don't mean to undermine the engine in any way, just on the edge of my seat as to how much exploration I'll be able to do :) Personally I think it's gaming's biggest step in my lifetime.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 02:05:38 am »

At the moment the vehicle physics is rather simplified, but it will get better over time. In the dev version you can modify some vehicle parameters (see here and the posts that follow). Also, the dev version has the parameters adjusted already, compared to the 3100 build, where the tire grip was that of a glue :)

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 02:54:49 am »

There is a new Spintires demo out and a kickstarter.

I wish them all the best with this project and would love to have this kind of mud and water interaction in our beloved Outerra :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 07:51:08 am »

I cant help myself. This one came out just hilarious (and im sure, anyone who knows russian too)   :D - must say, its really making some difference whyte that kind of audio-effects  ;D :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 08:28:18 am »

Hehe, 1:25min video and over and over again-блият. ;D
Still very interesting sim.Thanks. ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 02:11:06 pm »

I'm sure Zeos is already really far into it, but Spintires came out the other day.  8)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/263280/?snr=1_4_4__104
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 03:12:13 pm »

I'm sure Zeos is already really far into it, but Spintires came out the other day.  8)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/263280/?snr=1_4_4__104

... its nice to see them done a great job ... ( damn, now i have to add a crane on my Urals.  ::) )
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 [2]