Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Time Traveller for FSX and Prepar3d flight simulators  (Read 3673 times)

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
Time Traveller for FSX and Prepar3d flight simulators
« on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »

How novel! It looks like current flight simulators are going to see a new way to look at the flight simulator platform with what is quite similar to the concept of Outerra Game in that land class of 13000BC will be applied to the terrain and of course no man made classifications will exist. Either they had this idea for some time and didn't share or copied the concept from Outerra game. Either way, although a cool idea, Outerra has all my votes at present due to the superior more modern effects applied to the engine. IMHO, the legacy code used by FSX and prepar3d still remains as this until Lockheed hits version 2.0.

The visualisations in Outerra so far outscale the inferior methods used in the code for both FSX and Prepar3d. So, to see how this all looks go to the following link:

http://www.fsgenesis.net/what-is-it/

If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

SpaceFlight

Re: Time Traveller for FSX and Prepar3d flight simulators
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:59:04 am »

Had a look at the screenshots and it looks so...dated.
Having seen OT in its beauty in alpha state, there is no going back now, at least not for me. :D
Btw, many graphics effects are not in OT yet I think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:31:14 am by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan