Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Basic Instructions for Importing Blender Models?  (Read 4011 times)

chmodlabs

Basic Instructions for Importing Blender Models?
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:19:35 am »

I've been messing aroun with the Outerra AnteWorld demo for a while and have been using blender for quite some time.  I want to start implementing my own models into the outerra engine, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a concise method for importing a Blender model into anteworld directly.  I've come across dedicated importers, interpreters, etc but haven't had much luck.
If you have instructions please post them below.
Thanks!

necro

• google+ Blog
Re: Basic Instructions for Importing Blender Models?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:15:18 am »

What? As far as i know you cannot import models into outerra yet. The importer is still in development. After releasing it, you should be able to import collada-models. Blender has a great collada-exporter.

How did you try that, if there is no importer? Did you overwrite existing models in the models-directory?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Basic Instructions for Importing Blender Models?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:09 am »

He didn't yet necro.

Yes the model importer is being worked on and soon you will be able to import anything you like. What kind of models have you worked on?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo