Author Topic: Demo  (Read 34882 times)

conscript2

Demo
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:56 pm »

You are from slovakia?

conscript2

Demo
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

When will the car engine sounds? I do not know English well, but I from Slovakia...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Demo
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »

Quote from: conscript2
When will the car engine sounds? I do not know English well, but I from Slovakia...
Replying via email ..

halobungie

Demo
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 12:30:39 pm »

Hello,
your Engine looks amazing!!!
Can you tell us at what date approximatly we can download the Demo from Outerra?
Is it in the next month or later?
Thanks a lot!
halobungie
P.S. I can't wait - this Engine is too good...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Demo
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 02:00:09 am »

I would rather not promise anything. We are currently optimizing the engine and implementing various helper logging features as the demo will also serve for testing. During this phase we also want to address remaining ATI problems. But I really do not know how much it will take.

pico

• http://
Demo
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 05:55:29 pm »

Another Idea from me.

A dynamik Movement for the Free Camera. So, that the Camera slide a bit when it stops. For a smoother View and Handling. I think it also looks good for Movies.
Dynamik is allways a good Idea. ;)

Codeine

Demo
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:15 pm »

Update on a demo?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Demo
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 02:25:00 am »

Still waiting for a working beta driver from ATI/AMD .. :(

pico

• http://
Demo
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 12:25:49 pm »

So lets make a Nvidia only Demo for the first Time. ;)

Jagerbomber

Demo
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 04:42:15 pm »

Quote from: Pico

Well... that'll help me confirm what I want my next card to be.  The benchmarks for the Nvidia and AMD cards that I'm looking at are annoyingly even. :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Demo
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 05:35:42 am »

Quote from: Pico

Your suggestion does not please the ati owners.. not one bit.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

razgriz 53992

Demo
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 12:43:01 pm »

Hi, newbie here :D

Outerra seems unbelievable- this could very easily be the holy grail (as said many times before) of simulators; many different types of vehicle, brilliant performance by the look of it. And a truly astounding level of detail considering, which means it looks amazing a centimetre away, let alone a mile.

Being a Nvidia card owner, I'm going to be ridiculously cheeky in my first post and say, any news on a demo release? Even if it is ridiculously basic, with only a few vehicles, just to see that landscape myself would be, for lack of a better word, awesome.

Cheers and regards,
Ollie

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Demo
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 01:13:54 pm »

Hi Ollie.
We are still thinking how to execute this. I feel releasing a Nvidia-only demo can be somewhat damaging for us, but we also do not want to stretch it for too long.

We are also toying with the idea of making a sandbox style game, using the indie model - releasing early in alpha state for a reduced price that slowly rises as the game nears completion. This could be working as many people want such an open sandbox environment with the ability to explore and mod the world, with possible simulator plugins and so on. But there are still some open matters that could alter our course so we aren't going to decide these things now. We are mainly collecting the opinions and arguing here at the moment :)

razgriz 53992

Demo
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 01:26:24 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Hi Ollie.
We are still thinking how to execute this. I feel releasing a Nvidia-only demo can be somewhat damaging for us, but we also do not want to stretch it for too long.

We are also toying with the idea of making a sandbox style game, using the indie model - releasing early in alpha state for a reduced price that slowly rises as the game nears completion. This could be working as many people want such an open sandbox environment with the ability to explore and mod the world, with possible simulator plugins and so on. But there are still some open matters that could alter our course so we aren't going to decide these things now. We are mainly collecting the opinions and arguing here at the moment :)

I completely understand not wanting a Nvidia only demo, that would be slightly (significantly) hard for AMD owners.

I agree with the sandbox idea. The community around simming is massive- to make an example, FSX has basically been completely by the community, not the original developers.

However, it can't be too sandboxy. Then the game takes a while to develop, and when bought initially, this can be frustrating. It would be nice to have a fair bit of detail (By fair bit of detail, I'm talking a modelled Earth similar to FSX- main roads and landscape simulated worldwide, along with airports and in your case maybe rail roads). It would be nice to start with weather engines, a few vehicles, realistic landscapes etc.

But, basically the only reason I'd buy this game (? sim is probably more appropriate) is to be able to explore the world in many vehicles with little objective- but it'd be nice to be able to drive/fly through the mountains of North Wales, or other areas (England) that I know. I'm not sure how far you intend to go before releasing an alpha? Is the whole world already modelled? If so, are there any screenshots or videos of anywhere other than the Himalayas?

Also, you say the price increases as it nears completion- 1) what would the predicted price be initially and completed, and 2) if you buy the initial game, will you keep having to pay for later versions as the game progresses in development?

Sorry for being quite pressing in thoughts.

Regards,
Ollie

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Demo
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 02:00:11 pm »

All this is in the realm of thoughts currently, so there's no precise idea on many aspects.
But Earth modeled to the level of detail in FSX would require a considerable budget - you don't really expect we could magic the same output as a big Microsoft team, even though procedural techniques ease it a lot.
Although, in theory, what you are saying .. after the virgin Earth is made using the procedural generation and global climate data, we hope to import OSM data for major road/rail networks, along with runways and other stuff.

We don't know what the prices could be yet, but usually it starts at the half of the full price. Of course, early adopters will get all further upgrades for free, that's the point of the model: attract enthusiastic people to participate on funding the development this way. They get a reduced price (as their gain from the investment, basically), but usually there are also other advantages given to them - for example an ability to steer the development (within bounds) or some in-game bonuses, here it varies.

I think a simulator could piggyback on a game designed for wider, general masses. After all, simmers are much more demanding and specialized crowd and I'm not sure if the interest from this side alone would be able to fund the development, given the output will not be so complete as they are used to. So we are also thinking of developing addons in parallel that would appeal more to simmers, bringing a different mode, while still greatly utilizing the environment and engine of the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4