Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Is posible create a Live Development  (Read 6081 times)

Eliasmasche

Is posible create a Live Development
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:06:59 am »

Hi First i need to congratulate for the great Engine that createdis actually one of the best for me and remain so it came to be better than CryENGINE 3 or UDK or Unity,etc.
The Engine and the creators gave me a joy and encouragement to continue because only two persons have been created something wonderful that so far a company was unable to reach and sorry for my bad english :-\ .

My Idea for the engine is Live Collaborative Development. Two or more persons can connect and work simultaneously from different locations for example to create more easy and fast one level or One person can work in the design of the land another in the mountaisn another loading the models or checking the scripts for the level. distances do not matter now we can work together at the same time in the same game.

I hope you understand my idea. Luckily for the team and Outerra can a reach the Final Version. ;D

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Is posible create a Live Development
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:48:29 am »

The plan is to store edits (roads and object placement data) in the cloud, under a specific realm that people and developer teams can create. These changes will automatically replicate among the members. It only needs a system that would handle privileges, locking of area so that people do not edit the same thing in potentially conflicting way etc.

Juggernautz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:31 am »

Are you guys are going to develop those features internally? Or use a middleware solution like Perforce or TortoiseSVN?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:31:41 am »

It's not suitable for code versioning systems, besides we are running the backend on a cloud service where it wouldn't be possible anyway. But I think the architecture of the cloud is well suited for such functionality.

Abyssus Games

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:23:42 am »

Do you guys have any idea when this would be available? The sooner my team can get to work on the game the better :)

Eliasmasche

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:23 pm »

you're right in system of privileges and work in cloud is very nice idea and maybe a idea to avoid conflicts with the members maybe can created a system of tags to identify and blocks objets. For example:
I create a road and we tags the engine can remember I created this objects with tags of something like that and if activated only i can move,delete or modify this objets and if deactivated another member can use this objects

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:03 pm »

Do you guys have any idea when this would be available? The sooner my team can get to work on the game the better :)
Biomes and rivers are before it in the plan, but we also expect there will be some changes in the dynamics in the coming months, like getting more devs aboard and speeding up some of the development areas as the result. But of course it depends on many things yet.

ChookWantan

• They call me Chook.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:25 pm »

More devs?? This is an interesting and welcome bit of news, not to say that you and AngryPig aren't incredible, of course. I'm just interested to see a couple more people helping out!
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.

Spudly

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 01:55:38 am »

Biomes and rivers are before it in the plan, but we also expect there will be some changes in the dynamics in the coming months, like getting more devs aboard and speeding up some of the development areas as the result. But of course it depends on many things yet.

Kickstarter!