Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Himalayas trip  (Read 51814 times)

wael

Himalayas trip
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »

the video looks great and i think this will be a very great game.
but i have two questions :
1) can you tell me when this will come out i know you are at the early stage but atleast can you estimate when it will be out ?
2)i saw in the video that you never move you view inside the plane or in the car so is this view static ?
i mean can i move the head inside the vechile and see all gauges .
and can you make a demo for us so we can fly(pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease).
thanks for this great video and game.
and sorry for my english...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Himalayas trip
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 04:31:54 pm »

Well it's not a game yet, just a terrain engine with simulator capabilities. Thus we can't possibly tell when a game using it will come out, but we ought to start working with some developers early in 2011. But the demo should be out this year for sure :)

2)i saw in the video that you never move you view inside the plane or in the car so is this view static ?
i mean can i move head inside the vechile and see all gauges .
Actually we are moving the head at 5:39 in Cessna and at 8:45 in Tatra. The lack of movement otherwise results from our inability to control both joystick and mouse at the same time - a head movement tracker would help greatly here.

corona

Himalayas trip
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 06:15:25 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Actually we are moving the head at 5:39 in Cessna and at 8:45 in Tatra. The lack of movement otherwise results from our inability to control both joystick and mouse at the same time - a head movement tracker would help greatly here.

Please do get in touch with the TrackIR guys and enable it. From what I understand its quite easy to integrate.

It is seriously the best investment I have ever made for gaming. The difference is like playing with a keyboard vs a joystick. Or having 2d vs 3d graphics. I was very hesitant at first, but try it, but be warned, you can never go back to gaming without it. Seriously.

(I am not affiliated with them in any way)

pico

• http://
Himalayas trip
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 07:20:05 pm »

Yes, but  free-track too ;) . Its easy to build this tracker by yourself.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Himalayas trip
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 01:36:39 am »

Well since were on a tear.. The FREE Face Tracking API works very well with the correct webcam.  

**added the word FREE**
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

corona

Himalayas trip
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:45 am »

Quote from: Pico
Yes, but  free-track too ;) . Its easy to build this tracker by yourself.

I'm sure it is, I'm just not good with....well, building stuff. So I took the easy way out :-)

andrewhatesyou

Himalayas trip
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »

Purely amazing.

Abc94

Himalayas trip
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 11:04:32 pm »

Just got back from a trip to Belize.  I also got to fly in a couple of Cessnas while I was down there and I have to say they are pretty nice planes.

Great 13 minute video!  I laughed when I saw the fractopolis and Angrypig road signs!  Also cool that you got a LAN going already.  I do think though that you should have shown ground/space transition somewhere in the video.

Also are you planning on adding any more features before you release the demo?  I think that trees becoming 3d models when close is a pretty important feature for the demo.

Anyways, as many others have said, keep up the good work!

By the way, what is the english translation for the sign underneath the Angrypig sign?
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Himalayas trip
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 02:52:25 am »

So you are saying that demo should not be released until there's a switch to tree models when close? :)

The sign says хищник, a predator in Russian. It's a nickname our 3D artist got when I met him on a bus stop after my first lesson of Russian language back at high school, with an unpleasant and scary teacher who obsessed over pronunciation of щ letter (sh-tch), repeating the word several times while smiling dangerously (like I will get your щ to order by the end of the year!).

He later changed it to chyshney, removing the tch sound altogether, and so he's still known by that name after some looong years.
He's got unbelievable problems trying to spell his email address to others, and I'm still reminding him occasionally about the origins :)

Blockaderunner

Himalayas trip
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 09:47:37 am »

wow u know russian? i'm very impressed, now i think i will buy this game for certain :D (once i bought one...)

also the dirt road in the hills looks very natural with flat middle section covered with grass. hope the ground will be brown once (just like real) and we will see rails in the upcoming demo...
Core: AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition / Motherboard: Asus M4A78E /
Graphics: ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX260 / RAM: DDR2 Kingston HyperX 2 x 2Gb [1066Mhz] /
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500Gb

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Himalayas trip
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:11 am »

We are from Eastern Block, Russian was mandatory back then. Being in the Slavic language group, it both helped the ability to understand it and hindered the ability to express ourselves in it :)

Too bad my skills in Russian are mostly gone nowadays, I'm only switching to reading it after English translator can't make sense :(

Blockaderunner

Himalayas trip
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:26 am »

i'm doing some "promotion" to ur engine here in russia :D can help with translation and some linguistics, if u need this, of course.
Graphics: ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GTX260 / RAM: DDR2 Kingston HyperX 2 x 2Gb [1066Mhz] /

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Himalayas trip
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 10:41:29 am »

Quote from: Blockaderunner
i'm doing some "promotion" to ur engine here in russia :D can help with translation and some linguistics, if u need this, of course.
I just noticed that ddenn is doing some active translation services for Outerra on x-plane.su forums too :D

Blockaderunner

Himalayas trip
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 10:45:56 am »

cool. ty for link. it's coming. i'm jumping in...

he's doing holywars about implementation in flightsims. that's not primary goal for outerra i know.

ddenn

Himalayas trip
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 12:02:49 pm »

Quote from: cameni
I just noticed that ddenn is doing some active translation services for Outerra on x-plane.su forums too :D
Yes, I'm very impressed with you work. Hoping for civil avsim in coming years on you engine :) Thanks for you work.

P.s. And I'm not doing any holywars, Blockaderunner.
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4