Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Air defense game? anyone interested in working on one?  (Read 9834 times)

isnjh

Air defense game? anyone interested in working on one?
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in working on an air and defense missile game using this game engine??

Build your national missile defense to intercept incoming threats aimed at your nations cities! sorta a 3D missile command game but in a full 3D planet..

I had tried doing this game using other engine but none of the other engines supported real sphere terrain, if anyone would be interested in working with me on a project like this I have a bunch of finished models including city meshes, air bases, army bases, and radar and systems.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:13:39 pm by isnjh »

isnjh

Re: Air defense game? anyone interested in working on one?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »

Besides missile defense, to knock out enemy silo's and ensure a proper MAD :)

isnjh

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »

Early early warning radar player could build :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:51:17 am »

Choplifter for the Sega Master System.. That is the right game for this.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

isnjh

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 01:08:39 am »

actully I saw it more of a 3D type missile command meets a little DEFCON, but only in the fact that it allows player to fire counter missiles at the other players.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 03:29:33 am »

actully I saw it more of a 3D type missile command meets a little DEFCON, but only in the fact that it allows player to fire counter missiles at the other players.

something like an missile RTS ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

SpaceFlight

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:14:39 am »

Looks really interesting and Defcon is a cool game (I like how it says "Everybody Dies" in their title :D).
Definitely a game that could be so much more cool with a proper planetary engine.
Also they have an awesome soundtrack:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:32:06 am by SpaceFlight »
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:33 am »

I just got an idea ... lets just say there would be an already discussed online wargame serwer, witch would just work and get along as it is ... and then this kind of game would be just getting allong it beeing fully or partially an part of the war-scenario in an more global scale (whyle the warzones of the first one would be localized) ... then the interface of this game would be, lets say, imaginize in the server for a more visual feeling of it, while still be able run on an other one, able to switch between ... the real aim is not to hit the visual side of this game, butt to putt the original one in an more complex of mission-flow, getting an little more interesting addition and at the same time having an aviability to react each on another (meaning: first game forces destroy an AA station - it gets unaviable to the other, vise versa the man in AA-game would fail to intercept missiles/planes - ground forces would be hit, whilw the possability to hawe an third and fourt grade of such ewent going on too (nawal/air game/sim)) ... actually a kind of my already spoken global multi war-sim, but actually it would by an bunch of separated sims/games getting online the possability to interact in some points and at the same time getting an visualisation option for this type of games and an additional cause/casualty interconnection.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

isnjh

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 12:36:01 pm »

This is a video showing an ICBM missile mass test launch in another engine I was trying to work with.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

Hrm.. I think a simple RTS like warzone2100 could be ported over.

There is a team http://wz2100.net/ updating the NOW open-source Version. I wonder if they would want to attempt a port of the whole game over to use OT as the map.

BEST RTS EVER!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

isnjh

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »

Once the SDK for developing games in this engine and documentation is released! I will start working with this engine.. also tonight am going to download the demo and try it out.