Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Forest Fire simulator  (Read 15744 times)

CMBH

Forest Fire simulator
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:37:32 pm »

Why not have an extension to make a simulation of forest fires of real hard close bit!!

With an engine 3d as that and impressing roads there is of what to make.

For example with a ccf or one fire-fighting planes to attack a forehead( of fire in the South of France his(her,its) could give a brilliant game(set,play) and  one tools of prevention.

http://9a.img.v4.skyrock.net/9a2/galakfr/pics/1592687388_small.jpg
http://turbex44.unblog.fr/files/2008/04/ccf2000paimbeuf2.jpg

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:07:13 pm »

A simulation of forest fires and fire fighting?
Yes that may be interesting for academic use or training.

Tzetsin

Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:24:29 pm »

having a simulated forest fire would showcase your atmospheric controls brilliantly.  If the engine is capable that is.  Also you would have to have consumable vegetation kinda sorta like in far cry 2, but on a much larger scale.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:43:28 am »

Actually I can't even think of a game/sim that has required the fighting of fires. It would almost translate to a RTS with command of several units fighting fires.

Then you can fly the dump plane over or survey the area with an Apache Gunship..
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

MatthewS

Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »

Would be very nice if Outerra could have localised "weather" like smoke from industrial chimney stacks,  smog over cities, smoke from forest fires etc.

So imagine your cruising at 30,000 feet, look at the left window and see a fire front with heavy smoke and haze off in the distance (say 50 nm away).

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

Quote from: MatthewS
So imagine your cruising at 30,000 feet, look at the left window and see a fire front with heavy smoke and haze off in the distance (say 50 nm away).

Well, since I see outerra for more of a Driving / military sim I imagine rolling my column of tanks down a winding narrow dirt path in the mountains under a canopy of thick trees only to come across an unobstructed view of the valley below, a clear picture of the towns and cities I am headed for, smoldering under darkening skies miles away. It will bring the moral down amongst the men as obviously there is no more fun to have.

http://mm04.nasaimages.org/MediaManager/srvr?mediafile=/Size4/nasaNAS-10-NA/85915/scalifornia_tmo_2007296_lrg.jpg&userid=1&username=admin&resolution=4&servertype=JVA&cid=10&iid=nasaNAS&vcid=NA&usergroup=Earth_Observatory_%28nasa%29-10-Admin&profileid=46
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

HiFlyer

Re: Forest Fire simulator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

A simulation of forest fires and fire fighting?
Yes that may be interesting for academic use or training.

Bumped into this ancient thread, and think its a good idea. I suspect Outerra could easily top FSX in doing this, and could open yet another training market.

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

aWac9

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »

for instance

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »

Awac9 the helicopter and rope thing could have all sorts of possibilities if Uriah or somebody gets the Flightgear towing code up and running.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro