Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Player Movements  (Read 4526 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Player Movements
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:21:15 am »

I thought I would start this topic to discuss how we think the bi-pedal player and flight movements should be handled. I was reminded when my friend mention s.t.a.l.k.e.r and I recalled how I hated the movement in that game because as soon as you let go of the movement button or press it initially you instantly started moving and then stopped like a digital human. I like the feeling of weight and bulk you get from a SLIGHT drift when input is started and stopped. The current Outerra and the difference between flying mode mouse look and humanoid mouse look is good but too drastic a change. In that I believe it is correct with the pure input for the humanoid although the sensitivity could use some work or a different sensitivity setting vs flying.

Any other thought or movements you want to discuss?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:44:44 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZoneKiller

Re: Player Movements
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

please no jumping like a rabbit like in other games

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Player Movements
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

please no jumping like a rabbit like in other games

This actually. More of this since most humans can't hop.. But can dive over crap to take cover.. So do that instead.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo