Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 293043 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3230
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2012, 04:23:16 pm »

The thing is, on that Garry's Mod game I mentioned, say if I wanted to set up a server and I wanted to have a car on it that no-one else would have (say for instance I made it myself), I add that car to my server's "addon" folder and anyone who joins my server will be download that file straight from my server. I think that may be the easiest way as I'm not sure if every server owner would manually upload each model they have to a file-sharing website or their own. Plus with the likelihood of bad/dead links it may be rather annoying.
But when you say that you will put it on your server and make available for download, why - that's the same thing I was saying - as long as the data can be downloaded directly from somewhere, it should work transparently.

No am talking a stock game mode of Anteworld allowing stuff I have for download to be played on a stock game, and will I be able to host a stock game allowing them things on a very strong home PC with a very strong intranet connection like I do now with other games?
Hmm, what is a stock game. The global game where you are going to claim the land and build stuff, with some economy simulation and transport etc, that one requires cloud server infrastructure, you will not be able to host it yourself.

But a multiplayer server running on a snapshot of the world, that will be possible to host. Like, a multiplayer game with groups of players fighting against each other in the world in some state.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:15 pm »

I don't know about sharing inside the engine.. but it might work the same way.Here's how I will do it, every user will have an account and each account except their models, they will have like 10-20MB's of space where they can share models once in a while.And the legal part... I will just make the legal terms when they accept the license sound something like this... If the user wishes to upload and share 3D models trough that option, all the models will be considered as a donation to the game and company itself, and all the legal users inside or belonging to the company or game will have access if the owner of the model approved the upload.In case the copyright infringement is broken and the user does not have proof of owning the intellectual property, the 3D model will be removed from the upload or from the content of the game.

And of course.. user banned a few days probably.But there might be other problems... if the accuser demands the identity of the user and wants to sue him.But of course you probably can have a rule in the license for protecting that as well.But if he does't know who to sue?Dunno... just make sure it is in such way that you are not at fault that the user pirated that model.Or you can just give the user's identity, cause some rules must be rules.. probably  :).

And the part where sharing inside the engine... dunno if the engine is multiplayer and like 20 developers can connect to a project and work in the same time in different places that would be great as well and supposedly allowed to share their 3D models somehow.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Deutschmark

« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

From cameni;
But when you say that you will put it on your server and make available for download, why - that's the same thing I was saying - as long as the data can be downloaded directly from somewhere, it should work transparently.

So then if I host lets say my planes that I would like people to be able to use in stock game mode of Anteworld and so long as the downloads for them are accessible to all with out haveing to long in to my site then it should work right? 

From cameni;
But a multiplayer server running on a snapshot of the world, that will be possible to host. Like, a multiplayer game with groups of players fighting against each other in the world in some state.

Ok this is something that I would be very interested in.

Deutschmark
I have not come across a polygon yet that I have not been able to model with

Midviki

« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2012, 04:43:14 pm »

Hmm, what is a stock game. The global game where you are going to claim the land and build stuff, with some economy simulation and transport etc, that one requires cloud server infrastructure, you will not be able to host it yourself.

Do you think it would be possible to host the same thing on multiple servers without any kind of shifting , loading state between zones?

Or if I want something like this I need to order a custom made server with 60 CPU slots of 4-8 Cores each , like 2TB of Ram and like probably 200-300TB of HDD?
Cause if there are people who want to start with lets say 500-1000 people and in time reach 200-300.000 people.. or a few million.. they could settle up multiple servers to work on the same world.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2012, 04:48:59 pm »

And for example if it's a MMO game that takes place only in one single world... and for people that want to start small with something home-made server not something worth over 10.000$ invested in a server.

And as well for people of different latency all around the world, they would want to pick a closer server to them but to be in the same world... but that's not really the point.. soon we will have 1GB/mbps internet, from what I know Google already started this project in New York.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:51:34 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2012, 10:54:17 pm »

Are we not getting ahead of ourselves?  We don't have biomes, vehicle importers or the sim SDK just yet. :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:02 pm »

The further ahead we get the easier it will be to sort problems at this early stage.

My answer for legal issues... Play interstate76. Want to drive a Plymouth Barracuda? Sorry all we have is this "Picard Piranha" .. Want an old jeep? Too bad.  '73 Bushmaster is all we have.

That is all it would take.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2012, 11:45:27 pm »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:48:03 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2012, 12:59:30 am »

One comparison I can make with the X-Plane community. Take a look at the X-Plane.org download section.  Gazillions of free aircraft, done by users.  While copyright issues and legal matters abound, the bottom line is that if people want to see their stuff used by others, it has to be free and freely available.  So "free-dom" would have to prevail in the world multi-player environment.  Want to keep your toys to yourself?  Play with them by yourself. ;)  Alternatively, any payware vehicle has to have a free component that can be freely shared so that everyone can at least see it.  Make it a requirement that has to be met before the payware is made available for all to purchase. 

Zeos, you do have a point - early discussion of big problems early means they're small right now.  I just don't see how Brano does all the stuff on the forum and still has time to code and troubleshoot Outerra/Anteworld.  And does the dude have a "real job" too?  And a family?  Whew....big load that would be.  8)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2012, 01:22:57 am »

I think this is pretty much his only job (other than feeding the pig occasionally). Grants from government agencies wasting our taxpayer dollars no doubt.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2012, 12:32:44 am »

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2012, 02:17:43 am »

You gents certainly have good taste in automobiles!  :D

I'm looking forward to learning the nuts and bolts of the transition from 3D to Collada to Anteworld.

Have fun...as if you weren't!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3275
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:58 am »

Version 0.7.12.3275
  • Importer
  • #69 fixed crash on vehicle spawn when the ground is not ready
  • #75 fixed engine sound not starting on reverse
  • reverse sound now has pitch

Abc94

« Reply #358 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:52 am »

Alright!  Time to fire up Blender!  8)
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:50 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42