Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 291690 times)

Chaoz

Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3390
« Reply #540 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:48 am »

ATI and there problems... i know why i buy nvidia everytime....

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #541 on: November 14, 2012, 11:04:30 am »

Yea it crashes like mad, that one. Hardly anything can be done about it since AMD discontinued the support back in June, and those crashes are all driver ones. Some calls are guaranteed to crash it so we are avoiding them for now, but unless something magic happens it probably won't get much better :(

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #542 on: November 14, 2012, 11:10:37 am »

ATI and there problems... i know why i buy nvidia everytime....
Yeah... I don't really know if I should buy NVIDIA or ATI these days. While NVIDIA has much better drivers AMD is working quite hard on Linux open source drivers, which to me is important (especially since Wayland is coming) since I use Linux as my main system.
Also, on a different but related matter, NVIDIA has a quite crappy OpenCL support (and behaviour on it).
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

Chaoz

« Reply #543 on: November 14, 2012, 11:13:33 am »

EDIT: Nvm I didn't read open source driver :D My Bad.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:25:01 am by Chaoz »

giucam

• It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
« Reply #544 on: November 14, 2012, 11:23:07 am »

I did not say they aren't doing anything. Indeed, their Linux driver performance wise is better than ATI's one. But they are closed. They may be working with Steam but they are not working with the kernel developers (hence the recent Linus's "fuck you" to NVIDIA).
I don't blame them for being closed, that's a choice, but an open driver has some valuable advantages over a closed one.

But i think we're OT ;)
ResidualVM 0.1.1 is OUT! www.residualvm.org

HughesMDflyer4

• TFDi Design
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »

Is it just me, or is the locating of building objects by the engine broken with the latest development build? I'm seeing errors that the game cannot load some objects.
Brandon Filer

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #546 on: November 17, 2012, 01:28:00 am »

Those are probably the old objects on the airport that weren't converted yet to the new format.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #547 on: December 09, 2012, 11:01:56 am »

-

-

-

-

hi :D , I'm back from a break and I decided to start working on my project... and I saw those things :D.

Yep... I know I saw previous pages!

I made this because of the water... But I don't know exactly, but the same thing was happening with water before the terrain "thingy" now.

But the water "thingy" happened because I tempered with the Atmo / Water.. and other settings.And now I'm thinking.. how do I reset them without reinstalling the engine... cause it seems I can't reset to default.What files do I delete?.. if I delete them.. they will come with an automatic 'repair' when I launch the game again...?
Till I will buy a new video card in like 1 year.. for sure (nVidia) I will need to suck it up with this one and work it out around the problems that I might face.
So how do I reset it things :D?Maybe it will make it more stable ( like with the water when I had same problem before the patch ).
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2012, 11:37:08 am »

AMD bug. We started using transform feedback (an OpenGL technique) that results in faster processing of generated terrain data, and discovered this bug on AMD cards. The bug was already fixed internally in AMD and should be out when it gets through their QA. When I receive a confirmation I'll let you know.

Meanwhile we have a workaround that is unfortunately occasionally degrading the performance of the generator, it will be in the next update. In a month or two when the patched drivers come out we'll add driver detection and a warning to update.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3425
« Reply #549 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:45 am »

Version 0.7.12.3425
  • modified terrain quality metric (simplified, easier to maintain, but you might encounter some quirks until it's tuned)
  • added nvoglnt.dll to driver detection list (in Win XP32)
  • workaround for ATI transform feedback bug (white tiles appearing on terrain) until fixed drivers appear
  • min ufo height above terrain set to 1.5m (TODO needs a crouch key)
  • fixed distant shadow issue
  • restored bilinear PCF on AMD if texture gather extension is present
  • improved shadomap bias with sloped bias by normal
  • new pkg format 3x21bit vertex precision
  • pkg convertor v6 -> v7 (vertex format change, scale removal "reset XForm")
  • added automatic "scale apply" to importer (Reset Xform)
  • added detection of mirrored geometry and automatic polygon change from CCW to CW (geometry has to be duplicated)
  • improved importer stability
  • jsb: added function for contact point retrieval
  • jsb: fixed object positioning if it's close to ground (TODO fix jsbsim altitude computation)
  • added mesh name and src mesh vertex count to the "64k limit" exception message
  • some old building models converted into the new format
  • added visualization of object bounding boxes and contact points (alt+7 with the debug keys enabled in eng.cfg)
  • added shadows for transparent surfaces

Old object placement data have been fixed, but since patches update only the program files, you have to download and unpack the cache.zip file into your data folder manually if you want to get some of the buildings back and to get rid of the error messages. This version will be soon followed by a full update that merges the dev branch with the main one, that will update the data files as well.

Importer in this version fixes the gaps in the models appearing because of limited precision and badly positioned mesh reference points, and automatically applies reset Xform. You need to reimport your models for it to take effect.

In case something goes wrong with the automatic update, here's the link to download and run the patch manually: Anteworld-0.7.12.3352.patch-3425

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:07:48 am by cameni »

ddenn

« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2012, 06:29:40 am »

Thank you!
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:26 am »

Nice!.. Great Job!
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2012, 06:31:04 am »

A big thank you here as well :)

Bartolomeus

• VirtualTechArt Design
« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2012, 07:39:06 am »

Great news! Thank you!

ThePoemOfGods

« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:05 am »

I think i found an bug (atleast for my PC)
I tryed to fix Outerra many times and on all Versions aviable, but it allways crashed at the start saying that CrashRpt.dll is missing. It is installed as i can find the CrashRpt.dll inside Outerra Folder but it seams that the game doesnt find it any Idea what i coud do to fix it?

*edit* Tryed to Install Again but this time with Test Scenes on and it worked somehow O.o
So maybe the CrashRpt.dll doesnt get installed right if you deactivate Test Scenes
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:42:37 am by Dark_Potato »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42