Outerra Apps > Games

8x8 Discussion (Let's Talk Specs)

(1/7) > >>

ZeosPantera:
Lets use this as a general thread concerning JUST the current demo's and games 8x8.

First I will state that the physics are in no way final and the center of gravity is set to an immensely unrealistically low position. (like a weeble) If it were realistic you would be on your side constantly so assume that this is the Arcade version.

Despite this I have been in the testing version messing with the 8x8's new handling variables and have come up with something I feel best matches my impression of the vehicles climbing/acceleration possibilities.

-Vehicle.cfg---------------------------------------------------------

wheel = {
    suspension_rest_length  = 0.48
    max_suspension_travel   = 0.75
    stiffness               = 6.5
    damping_compression     = 0.10
    damping_relaxation      = 0.03
    friction_slip           = 0.57
}

max_engine_force        = 25000
max_braking_force       = 13750
redux_coef              = 0.2
max_kmh                 = 5

I timed it and it takes roughly 50 seconds to hit 28m/s (AKA 100km\h or 62mph) with an absolute salt flat max speed of 33m/s or 73mph. I have tried to find the "tatra 813's" 0-100km/h times but I don't think it is listed.

Peca:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on July 31, 2012, 02:17:23 am ---I have tried to find the "tatra 813's" 0-100km/h times but I don't think it is listed.

--- End quote ---
I it not listed because max. speed is 85 km/h for Tatra 813 (some say it can go faster, but this is from factory specs).

cameni:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on July 31, 2012, 02:17:23 am ---First I will state that the physics are in no way final and the center of gravity is set to an immensely unrealistically low position. (like a weeble) If it were realistic you would be on your side constantly so assume that this is the Arcade version.

--- End quote ---
I've been trying to adjust the center of gravity but the effect was almost unnoticeable. After some digging around it seems there's an artificial roll prevention force that's strongly counteracting any rolling.

So yes it's arcadeish at the moment, but since the chassis doesn't collide yet, any roll would just make the truck fall under the ground.

ZeosPantera:
It is nice to know that you have at least looked. What aspect of this whole setup would put that erector force on? Is it hidden in the bullet code or something in the properties of the model?

--- Quote from: Peca on July 31, 2012, 10:05:36 am ---I it not listed because max. speed is 85 km/h for Tatra 813 (some say it can go faster, but this is from factory specs).
--- End quote ---

I thought it was 100kmh max. I am pretty sure it can reach highway speeds.

cameni:
It's in the vehicle code, I based it off some Bullet example initially and then modified and added to it. I remembered there was a "roll influence factor" mentioned, but that part I didn't modify yet.

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on July 31, 2012, 11:17:06 am ---I thought it was 100kmh max. I am pretty sure it can reach highway speeds.

--- End quote ---
Old T813 8x8 KOLOS was slow. Here are some specs (in Czech): http://www.tatra813.ic.cz/data.htm
The maximum speed with overdrive was 80km/h. Screaming like hell at that speed.

T817 (T815-7) can reach 110km/h, 8x8 variant probably less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version