Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How many developers works in outerra? and where they live?  (Read 14701 times)

Cid250

How many developers works in outerra? and where they live?
« on: August 28, 2010, 11:35:49 pm »

I'm just curious...

How many people works in this proyect, and from wich countries?

I can't find a complete profile of them... just only one person: Brano Kemen, from Bratislava : Eslovaquia

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:48:45 pm »

The two major ones are cameni and angrypig.  Both of them are from Slovakia.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Cid250

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:04:54 am »

Thanks...

And the other ones?...

Will be nice to know more abot this people...

Nick Names,
Real Names,
City,
Country,
Age,
Area of Work,
Experience,
Hobbies,
etc...

A lot of proyects have a small area to know more about the crew aboard, it's a thing that i miss in the main web page :)

corona

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 06:37:24 am »

I think there are no "others". From what I understand it's two fulltime devs and one that helps out on the side.

As far as there details go, why do you want to know that? Are you looking to hire them?
If they wanted to share their personal detail they would have.

Although one thing comes to mind, in my country every website needs to have an impressum (it's a legal requirement) that basically lists who is responsable for the content, if the law is the same in slovakia you might want to look into that.

Cid250

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:13 am »

I doesn't know if they are open to be "hired", or they will focus on launch a licensed product.

The problem of being hired, is that the work place it's in USA.

Is always a good idea to publish a small profile of the developers in the main web page. :)

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:40:36 am »

I personally can't help but be a little suspicious.  The "small" profile mentioned looks awfully large to me.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:50:58 am »

Well you could write an email to the contact like everyone else. But we are a company and so we would not like someone to address individual developers anyway, so I don't think it's a good idea to publish the profiles (not from our point of view).

Maybe the openness on the forums gives wrong impressions :)

Cid250

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:38 pm »

What's the name of the company? Outerra Inc.?

I do not think there is interest in hiring a single developer, the interest would surely be by the company in full.

We are at weekend and no one it's in the office to pay attention to this, but I will pass the information to the person responsible for driving these things this monday.

I am not a person with power or expertise to decide or negotiate a contract.
I only work from Spain as a translator from English to Spanish in a military simulator (based in OpenGL) which field covers the real territory of Western Europe (a product already working and in production).
The company had a developer dedicated to the design of a new generation of terrain, but that person had to leave work.
Since then, that upgrade of our terrain system has stopped, and there may be a future interest to recapture it. Personally I do not know, since those decisions belongs to the managers and during the weekends people does not work.

I know that at least there are two mandatory features: Occlussion Culling, and support for OpenFlight (due to the fact that our vehicles are modeled with multigen-creator). So, may be it's a bit early to drop an email with a true offer.

One of the problems are also that they only hire people that can work physically in the USA head quarters... in the past years they hired somebody form Germany, and he works in USA but he still comes back a lot to Germany.

This person form Germany is responsible for one of our biggest upgrades in the graphics engine in the last year, but he has a lot of other tasks and the terrain development was freezed when one of the USA developers must left the enterprise.

Doesn't know when they will drop an email, if they consider interesting enought the work already done, or they wait for the two mile stones that are mandatory for a complete integration in our simulator engine...

But thanks for the info, and please keep the good work... may be some day we will be working as part of the same project, (who knows). :)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 05:33:39 pm »

Thanks for the explanation, now your motives are more clear - I must say it looked suspicious initially :)