Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Anyway to turn off the fog?  (Read 2621 times)

Westiin

Anyway to turn off the fog?
« on: August 05, 2012, 07:41:51 pm »

Hi,

Is there some way to make the fog I'm guessing it's some kind of LOD fog, is there some way to reduce it, so that I can see further?  I understand that performance will suffer if I were to adjust it too much, but is there any adjustment, I couldn't seem to find one for it.

As it comes right now, everything has this awful blue hazy fog over it (again, which I understand is to keep performance as best it can be, but I'll take the hit and lose a few FPS if I can adjust it somehow.)

Thanks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Anyway to turn off the fog?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:45:22 am »

No it's not a LOD fog at all :)

It's a so-called aerosol fog, which is normally present outside. However, its value is constant over the whole world at the moment, regardless of the place and season. You may adjust it in atmospheric settings (Mie scattering). There's also Rayleigh scattering that gives the atmosphere its characteristic color, there's not much point in tweaking that as its almost constant everywhere.

But I think that the problem is that the landscape is too uniform at the moment, and you don't see many changes in texture and therefore think the fog is the cause. However, the fog is present in real life as well.