Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: A couple of realistic suggestions for Anteworld/Outerra  (Read 3642 times)

PublicEnemy

A couple of realistic suggestions for Anteworld/Outerra
« on: August 08, 2012, 02:54:15 am »

A couple of things I thought (while minor) would improve functionality, design, and a little game play.

My first suggestion: When flying in UFO mode, the ambient noise sounds sped up and compressed (high-pitched crickets, ambient ocean sfx) when you are flying at or beyond a certain speed (as well as being close to the ground). My idea was to cut out the ambient noise and add a neat rushing wind sound effect (as if you were really flying through the air) and wind whipping sound effects when you pass by objects. Keep in mind this only would occur at very fast speed (wouldn't want to skew the illusion).

The other idea came about when I noticed that opening up menus on either side of the screen (i.e. locations, land units, objects, etc..) ended up layered on top of each other, preventing usage of both menus simultaneously without having to close the top menu to get to the one underneath (or move it to the side).

Instead, I would like to see a new menu pop up aside of the current menu open. So say that you open up "land units" and the corresponding menu opens on the left side of the screen. When you next click "locations" the newly open menu appears connected and to the right of the "land units" menu. This way, both menus are up and accessible without any sort of closing or moving.

That's all I have. I am digging this engine so far! Great job you guys have accomplished!  ;D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: A couple of realistic suggestions for Anteworld/Outerra
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:39:21 am »

Wind, yes already discussed a while back but good to refresh the thought. UI improvements are always a priority. Poor angrypig never gets the love.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo