Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Bug reporting  (Read 190849 times)

zaelu

• free-track user
Re: Bug reporting
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 10:27:43 am »

I reverted to default 480p. Great improvement in speed and I don't observe much decrease in quality.

Many thanks.

Any info about head tracker? :D :D

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 10:39:57 am »

Here is a video to see whats happening.
Terrain at 480p.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 10:52:41 am »

Well that's something else, that's dynamic. When you turn, the new terrain needs to be generated. If there's not enough space to keep old tiles, they are discarded. This happens mainly in mountains where there are more tiles needed, and when you use a low FOV.

Until there's occlusion culling reducing the number of tiles that need to be generated, you can help it by boosting the fractal tile limit, and widening the FOV.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 10:56:54 am »

I reverted to default 480p. Great improvement in speed and I don't observe much decrease in quality.
At 480p you'll sometimes notice trees generating later, although there's and adjustable coefficient for that too.

It's in Angrypig's task pit queue, so who knows :D
Hmm, but maybe I could hack it in in the same way I did it for Oculus' tracker ...

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 11:04:35 am »

Doubling the fractal tile limit helped a lot. Thanks
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »

It's in Angrypig's task pit queue, so who knows :D
Hmm, but maybe I could hack it in in the same way I did it for Oculus' tracker ...

Looking forward to it!  :)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 02:30:34 am »

Zaelu, moot point at this time maybe but TrackIR headtracker works via an older version of freetrack (while it was still "supported"). It's great fun in the MIG ;)

Peace :)
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

zaelu

• free-track user
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

also in Apache :)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 02:52:26 am »

Zaelu, are you getting any freetrack problems in the new 3785 - build? What setup are you using?
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

Vincent1000

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2013, 03:04:34 am »

Hi, guys!

I discovered 2 strange problems. When I get the UFO up to an altitude of about 1.95e9 or 1,950,000,000 meters, then I got the message on the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying the Nvidia drivers stopped responding and has recovered, then I updated the Nvidia drivers to 320.49, still the same problem, but when I updated the Nvidia drivers to 320.49 then 2 strange problems occured which is I get a message on the bottom right hand orner of the screen saying the Nvidia drivers stopped responding and has recovered and the graphics glitch when go out to space from earth. I restart outerra from the earth's surface, I pressed the r key to gain altitude to go out in space, the graphics glitches like flickering different colors, then I revert Nvidia drivers back to 310.70. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

Cheers,
      Vincent

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:31 am »

Vincent, that sounds like maybe an overheating issue if the driver stops working or if you get visual artifacts. You could check your gpu temperature, Outerra really likes to keep the gpu working :) It could also be a power supply problem. Are you noticing this in other gpu-intensive applications or is it just Outerra?

Vincent1000

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:10 am »

Hi, DivineSense!

It is wierd, I restarted outerra after I revert the Nvidia drivers back to 310.70, the outerra works like a charm. How do I check the GPU temperature? Thanks!

Cheers,
         Vincent

Chaoz

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2013, 12:24:14 pm »

there are multiple tools for that for example EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner, which let you check the temperature and other stuff like gpu usage or memory consumption.

James

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 03:07:44 pm »

I couldn't log on or register with the link, so I'll just report the bug I found here.
Whenever pressing Shift+G there isn't a way get rid of it.

Abc94

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

When I get the UFO up to an altitude of about 1.95e9 or 1,950,000,000 meters, then I got the message on the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying the Nvidia drivers stopped responding and has recovered, then I updated the Nvidia drivers to 320.49, still the same problem, but when I updated the Nvidia drivers to 320.49 then 2 strange problems occured which is I get a message on the bottom right hand orner of the screen saying the Nvidia drivers stopped responding and has recovered and the graphics glitch when go out to space from earth.

1.95 billion meters?  That's extremely high, and I think that might be the problem.  I remember before when the UFO speed was not capped that the game crashed if you got far enough away from the Earth.

Also before I used to get the "drivers have stopped responding" message a lot too, usually right after a crash I think.  I doubt that my video card was overheating because I think I would have noticed that its fan was going crazy trying to cool it down.  My guess it that it's just a bug in Outerra that's causes the video card to fail, although I never had Outerra remain in a screwed-up state after I restarted it, so maybe there is something more serious going on with your new drivers. :/
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18