Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Bug reporting  (Read 190820 times)

Sopvagn

Re: Bug reporting
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »

I was in a jet, the Mig, and exited mid air. Once I had exited the plane kept flying as expected. Though what was strange was the sound of the jet engine at full throttle was still present no matter what other vehicle I entered. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Can confirm! basically if there is another spawned vehicle that vehicle will spew out the sound of the mig, and if there's no other vehicle the mig doesn't sound at all. Tested some cars to see if the same problem was there but it seems to be the mig all alone having this problem.

HiFlyer

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2014, 04:40:43 pm »

Not so much a bug as an aesthetic observation: The dividing line in the distance where the near tree models fade into the far tree depiction has become much more obvious recently with the addition of the multicolor trees, probably because the far tree depiction remains a uniform color.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2014, 12:44:58 am »

I'm getting lately some weird freeze. Like i'll be flying around, first the landscape textures stop to update, then the vehicle im in freeze, actually the whole scene freeze. I can still hit esc and move around in sandbox mode so the game itself isn't frozen but if i hit esc again to get back in the vehicle, I'm still stucked. The only way to get back to normal is to load a spawn point. I can even save the position i'm at and reload and everything is fine.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:58:43 am by M7 »

M7

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2014, 09:17:25 am »

Ok i just found this. This is an autopilot? When i open this, it pause the game but then if i hit close, the game is still on pause. Then just like with my previous described 'freeze mode' I have to either spawn another vehicle or load a new location for the game to unpause.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2014, 09:24:41 am »

Ok i just found this. This is an autopilot? When i open this, it pause the game but then if i hit close, the game is still on pause. Then just like with my previous described 'freeze mode' I have to either spawn another vehicle or load a new location for the game to unpause.
I use that menu all the time to set a new position and speed for the plane. After closing that window, just press SPACE to unpause/unfreeze the simulation for the plane you're in.

Also, there's this new feature added: ALT+SPACE to pause/unpause world simulations(it works just like when you're in paused Sandbox mode).

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2014, 09:35:26 am »

I'm getting lately some weird freeze. Like i'll be flying around, first the landscape textures stop to update, then the vehicle im in freeze, actually the whole scene freeze. I can still hit esc and move around in sandbox mode so the game itself isn't frozen but if i hit esc again to get back in the vehicle, I'm still stucked. The only way to get back to normal is to load a spawn point. I can even save the position i'm at and reload and everything is fine.

I've had that problem for quite awhile, but in my case it seems that only the vehicle physics are frozen for a variable amount of time.  What I've noticed (these could be coincidences):

1) Only happens with aircraft
2) Only happens in external view
3) Sometimes moving the camera around will unfreeze it
4) Hitting ESC to the menu and then returning to simulation will always unfreeze it.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:21 am »

It's something to do with JSBSim and the simulation pausing when it encounters bad data from terrain raycasts, though it's also possible that it queries them with bad data in the first place. It's suspicious that it would happen only in external views.

Hitting ESC pauses/unpauses simulation and it tries to kick start the JSBSim simulation again. Also, 3) would mean that the raycasts could eventually deliver, but that's odd since they do not depend on camera.

M7

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2014, 10:06:15 am »

Ok that solve my first problem cause i use space and right alt for throttle.

Now i just tried again the new heading/alt/speed control and i cant seems to unpause the vehicle even after hitting space key. I changed my throttle config in case it would conflict with the unpause fonction but it doesn't help. Also i was flying over middle earth. Will try over the earth.

edit: same thing on earth, can't unpause a plane after opening  the speed/alt/heading window.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:21:24 am by M7 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:41 am »

Ok that solve my first problem cause i use space and right alt for throttle.

Now i just tried again the new heading/alt/speed control and i cant seems to unpause the vehicle even after hitting space key. I changed my throttle config i case it would conflict with the unpause fonction but it doesn't help. Also i was flying over middle earth. Will try over the earth.
Did you close that window before hitting SPACE?
Also, make sure you have a key assigned(It doesn't have to be the SPACE key btw) for 'Pause simulation' under 'Plane' Controls.

M7

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:27 am »

I  had the pause simulation under delete key. So all is fine now. Thanks a lot Levi! Now i'm just curious to play more with that heading...window.

M7

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:44 pm »

The hud unit setting dont seems to be right in game (right). I set units to meters and knots. In sandbox mode,  it show the right units, meters and knots though i dont know to what the speed of 1009 knots relate to.
In game mode, it default to feet and knots.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »

Those settings are valid only for UFO, aircraft always use ft and knots. Should it be the same setting everywhere, or a separate config for aircraft and vehicles?

M7

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »

Looks like i never paid attention to this detail before. But i would guess that somebody new to the game would expect the two mode to use the same units if they take the time to specify in the menu. I would understand if the vehicle was american then it could by default show feet in the hud to match the cockpit/dashboard reading, but for european  plane/vehicle? If i had to vote i would choose to have the unit that i set in the menu for both modes.

HiFlyer

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2014, 11:21:32 pm »

Looks like i never paid attention to this detail before. But i would guess that somebody new to the game would expect the two mode to use the same units if they take the time to specify in the menu. I would understand if the vehicle was american then it could by default show feet in the hud to match the cockpit/dashboard reading, but for european  plane/vehicle? If i had to vote i would choose to have the unit that i set in the menu for both modes.

Sooooooo.........

What were you doing so low and so close to the rocks in a passenger airliner?   ???
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

M7

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2014, 11:40:47 pm »

It the perfect plane for low rocks straffing   ;D

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18