Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Bug reporting  (Read 190839 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Bug reporting
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:55 am »

Have you an different screen resolution on desktop and in OT ? ... sometimes, it bugs off in windows for some applications and does this (where the mouse is off-set according to the resolution-difference between both). Setting full-screen on and off should work for that ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2015, 10:54:48 am »

There is something strange (and a bit frustrating) with the road editor. Sometimes, when you try to select a road segment, a totally different road is selected, sometimes not even close to the first one. I've made a video to demonstrate the bug:

As you can see, it's not random, and it even happens when I'm not clicking on a road.

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »

Cameni and Pytonpago - thank you for your help. I have a feeling it could be what you have mentioned Pytonpago, I have been playing around with nVidia DSR so maybe I have changed something there. Much appreciated!

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:20 pm »

Found a few other road related things:

• Original material roads seems to be broken in some situations, can be especially visible in the ones I used for the Talkeetna rivers:

• The dirt roads are curved (and it look nice) but the result can be bad as ground leveling. For some large buildings, it looks like the model is in the middle of a mud pit. I know there is a limited number of slots for road parameters on the current system, so it's not really a priority :)
  • I may be wrong, but it looks like the roads now have two additional segments automatically added. These are located extremely close to the first/last segments. I guess it's for a future auto lead-in/lead-out segment.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2015, 01:35:40 pm »

Those additional segments were actually automatically added in older roads, which needed at least 4 points for correct spline interpolation, but the outer points were just duplicates. Newer roads do not need those extra points, can have just simple end points. But yes, it's all in preparation for ... stuff :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2015, 03:24:48 pm »

Stuff?!... I like stuff!....  If you want someone who likes stuff, I'm your man!
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »

Cool! I guess this will bring interesting possibilities for... some things  :)

greenoaktree

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2015, 10:47:18 am »

Crash when Outerra starting =|:
Nvidia FX580

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2015, 08:01:09 am »

A problem with old cards with drivers that are no longer being fixed. Workaround will be in next patch.

Hooves

« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »

Altitude is reading very far off in imperial.  EX: 20000 ft puts you in lower orbit.

SteelRat

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2015, 04:54:45 pm »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2015, 09:12:19 pm »

Why on earth (pun) is that grass so big?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jagerbomber

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2015, 09:45:41 pm »

That's not Earth grass, silly...

Your pun is invalid.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

HiFlyer

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2015, 11:03:27 pm »

Why on earth (pun) is that grass so big?

Nobody has been mowing it........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2015, 03:45:27 am »

... that is well known ...  did this for me from the first time that mercenary was in OT (can you remember him having the RPG7 launcher on the back ?) ... i guess its about the meshes being at different LODs switching then ....
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18