Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Bug reporting  (Read 190853 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Bug reporting
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2016, 02:56:53 pm »

Nvidia 364.47 fixed the purple world bug!!

If true, then thank frigging gawd!!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »

Had to manually check for updates with Geforce Experience to find it.  Probably would have appeared on its own eventually, but you know...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Krutan

• King Crab
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

Nvidia 364.47 fixed the purple world bug!!
Oh my god, YES! Finally! :D

Edit: It appears I spoke too early. The purple is gone, which is great, but it seems to be a problem with loading high-res textures and terrain unless I look straight down.

Made a video that might explain it better.

Edit 2: Did a reinstall, and it appears to be working without any issues now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:02:49 am by Krutan »

aWac9

« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2016, 05:48:21 pm »

welcome to light. :)

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2016, 10:25:48 pm »

Miracles!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2016, 10:53:01 pm »

Confirmed! NVIDIA is back!!! Now just need to test EVERYTHING to verify there aren't any other issues.  :D

Dharma Initiative

• Enter: 4815162342
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2016, 05:52:47 am »

Yes I was actually gonna say this just updated to this driver last night :) yey finally ! See people ! It was worth heading forward with hope ! I didn't stay or go back to the last working driver always moving on ! Now it works ! Great ! What a relief ! Ok then we'll enjoy everyone ! Hoping to see new version of outerra ! More earth land coverages where is water now and where there must be land instead of water ! Peace to all & blessings :)

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2016, 10:40:43 pm »

Small request:
Could you add current version branch to Outerra Issue Tracker? Version choice wasn't updated for some time...

P.S. I feel like issue tracker has been underused for the past year, is there a reason? I just found out how to post there (after 4 years :P), and I should say that the sense of direct involvement into the state of Outerra is quite pleasant.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:24:54 pm by DenisJ »

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #233 on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:29 pm »

So I started to learn general importing of objects in Outerra as well as scripting, which is something I wanted to understand and use for a long time. I managed to import a model of a boat and correctly texture it. Then I copied a script code from the default US Coast Guard boat which made it move. Now I realized the following.
My boat was flying in the air the same way US Coast Guard boat does. I played with the script file and realized that set.hover() function (or something like that) is what make them hover (what a surprise!). So I just deleted it, and boats started to function properly. It looks like this is my first resolved bug, sign me up into the dev team! :D

On a serious note, could you also reupload a reference picture in the vehicle_params wiki page which explained where different heights are? I am pretty sure there was one, but I wasn't importing stuff back then.

P.S. How do I make my model appear in the "Ships" tab instead of "Land"?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:39:32 pm by DenisJ »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2016, 02:29:21 am »

Yea the hovering boat is a forgotten test stuff :)

Seems minus.com has gone way of Dodo and with it various images I uploaded there and linked from the forum and wiki. I have to find the image, but a brief search for anything hydro/water didn't yield anything ...

To appear in ships, set "physics" : "watercraft" in objdef.

P.S. I feel like issue tracker has been underused for the past year, is there a reason? I just found out how to post there (after 4 years :P), and I should say that the sense of direct involvement into the state of Outerra is quite pleasant.

It wasn't used very much, everybody reported on the forum anyway, so it was a double effort. We may relaunch it using a different tracking software and somehow better it integrate with the forum.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2016, 03:16:28 am »

Alright, thank you for answers!

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2016, 10:04:39 pm »

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2016, 11:07:21 pm »

Vehicle params are still here:
http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/wiki/vehicle_params

I know, but this page also featured a picture that showed positions of different height parameters relative to the body. Now the link is not active :(

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2016, 12:13:40 am »

I have noticed a weird thing about vehicle reflectance which, as far as I know, wasn't mentioned yet. They are basically completely dark where not illuminated by sun which is not normal. Initially I thought that this occurs only in imported community cars that are gradually being outdated in many aspects, but this affects Tatra too. I actually can't recall whether this was a thing brought by the latest OT update, or Nvidia drivers are accountable for this. So there is that.
UPD: I played with graphics settings (specifically anti-aliasing, ambient acclusion and quality of shadows), which made reflectance go back to normal. When I went back to original settings, nothing changed, so I can't even replicate conditions of the bug =| Oh well.

Also, since I brought up imported vehicles... Some of the older ones don't initialize properly by just hanging above ground with error message saying "Object has no method "add_spotlight"". This happens with 335i and some others. So I'm wondering, is there a convenient way to make them work without going into reimporting and stuff?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:46:54 am by DenisJ »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2016, 12:35:43 am »

That is a JavaScript error because the old method add_spotlight doesn't exist, and was replaced by add_spot_light which has different parameters.

Code: [Select]
var nav_red = {color:{x:0.01,y:0,z:0,w:0}, angle:85, size:0.15, edge:0.99, range:0.1, intensity:30, fadeout:0.00001};
this.add_spot_light({x:-5.652,y:-2.49,z:1.72}, {y:1}, nav_red);

There could be other errors from out of data methods as well.

Regards,
Uriah
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18