Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Stuck at the updating  (Read 4420 times)

Rado

Stuck at the updating
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:08:44 am »

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I've been following your engine for quite a long time. Even though I didn't get to play it, I'm sure you did a great job.

The thing is, I downloaded the 11.3100 version from gamefront, installed it, but got stuck at the initial check for new versions. So I thought that if I looked for a newer version by myself, it wouldn't take such a long time doing so. I found a 12.3162 version at gamefront again, and installed it after deleting the previous one, but I got the same issue. I tried pressing keys at random, and opened the menu, changed resolution and the problem seemed to be solved, because it skipped the check, but instead got stuck looking for newer planetary data  :o So when i clicked on land vehicles, some debug text appeared but nothing else happened.

Now, version 11.3100 won't even start, and the other one doesn't work either, but it starts. What do I do?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Stuck at the updating
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:13:11 am »

Please attach your eng.log here (found by default in c:\users\<yourname>\outerra\eng.log), it can help us identifying what's wrong.
If you installed 0.7.12 into the same directory than the 0.7.11, the older one won't work because some file formats changed. You can get it to start by deleting eng.cfg and world.cfg.

Rado

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:17:57 am »

Here it is.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 07:25:12 am »

Comodo is likely the sinner:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll (COMODO, COMODO Internet Security), version 5, 10, 228257, 2253

It should be instructed to avoid hooking into outerra.exe, because it interferes with the rendering loop. But please first test it by shutting it down.

Rado

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:34:09 am »

I did, I'm sick of it, blocking every single program that I install or tries to go online, so I always close it. Should I try uninstalling it?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:46:34 am »

While it's listed in eng.log as hooked, it means it's still active. Maybe its service is running on the background ...
We had a user who reported problem with Comodo before, I think he was able to list outerra.exe in some kind of an exclusion list there. If not, probably only uninstalling will help.

Rado

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 07:55:31 am »

Uninstalled it, and it updated fine. Now it's running smooth, thanks :)