Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering  (Read 7734 times)

Delwin

non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:55:40 pm »

Is there any support for non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering such as near-IR?

ProGamer

Re: non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:18:08 pm »

Is there any support for non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering such as near-IR?

Adding to this, what about the entire known spectrum?
https://www.orcagrowfilm.com/v/vspfiles/templates/34/images/full-visible-spectrum.jpg

This would be useful for simulating various technologies used in combat (especially stealth technologies) and other areas. And actual radar and lidar in game.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:23:43 pm by ProGamer »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:50:27 am »

There's some very basic support for IR and NV.

There's no generic support for simulation of the entire spectrum - these things are always developed specifically when needed. Things like radar shadow computation are in the plans.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:43:19 pm »

Wow ... nice screens there ...

whats a radar shadow ? Or is it just general radar terrain based physics ? If yes, would be interesting to use the same for a radio-wave communication simulation - ya know, walkie-talkies. We need a working QuanSheng TG-UV2 in OT ... :D Doe, would be good, if that kind of stuff would work whyte Mumble and TeamSpeak - on near proximity just like arma has - talking people to each other, and on greater distances, radiofrequency comms, where loss of signal or frequency searching would be possible (and sub-channels would be like encrypted channels).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:01:32 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Timmo

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:26:02 pm »

whats a radar shadow ?

If you consider the Radar emitter as a light shining on an object, then there will be a shadow behind the object you are illuminating (i.e. radar can't look behind things as the signal is being reflected by that object)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 02:10:00 am »

whats a radar shadow ?

If you consider the Radar emitter as a light shining on an object, then there will be a shadow behind the object you are illuminating (i.e. radar can't look behind things as the signal is being reflected by that object)

... always forgetting that physicist look on it just like they look upon lasers. Those illusive waves ...  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

NouberNou

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 02:00:22 am »

Wow ... nice screens there ...

whats a radar shadow ? Or is it just general radar terrain based physics ? If yes, would be interesting to use the same for a radio-wave communication simulation - ya know, walkie-talkies. We need a working QuanSheng TG-UV2 in OT ... :D Doe, would be good, if that kind of stuff would work whyte Mumble and TeamSpeak - on near proximity just like arma has - talking people to each other, and on greater distances, radiofrequency comms, where loss of signal or frequency searching would be possible (and sub-channels would be like encrypted channels).

Implementing ACRE on Outerra would be really fun I think. It'd maybe get me to abstract all the Arma code out to C++ land like Jaynus wanted to do along time ago.

Hmmm...