Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: animal planet  (Read 18395 times)

saccara18

animal planet
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:29 pm »

how about the Anteworld with animals and to colonize the dinosaurs then multiply self. or the same as the human population, the road itself and then build houses, where we act as observers?

seppen

Re: animal planet
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:41:46 am »

how about the Anteworld with animals and to colonize the dinosaurs then multiply self. or the same as the human population, the road itself and then build houses, where we act as observers?

The idea of acting as observers is interesting, some play the game others just observe:)
I play a lot of BF3, just observing the mayham he he, get killed a lot but does it matter :D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:06:30 am »

A hunting game would be the easiest thing to implement in Outerra. Just BAM you are here.. Walk around and shoot NPC.. if they show up.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

seppen

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:55:17 am »

A hunting game would be the easiest thing to implement in Outerra. Just BAM you are here.. Walk around and shoot NPC.. if they show up.

I jumped the first time I heard the wolfes cry, at first I though somehing wrong with the mastiffs outside, then realised it was from Outerra ha ha.

If can make the AI work I would gladly dedicate a pc to that alone, Outerra is a very potent work of Art, and combined with cloud tech the sky is the limit.

Wastelanderer

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »

Should realy start as cave man and slowly develop to high tech space.
Hi I am new.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:33 am »

That brings up the : When will animations come in?
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

angrypig

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:35:41 am »

very soon :)

Jarm

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:46 pm »

Angrypit posted August 02, 2013 "very soon".  Hmmm.  I'm new and catching up on posts about progress.  Today is November 12 2014...that's 15 months after your post AP.  I suppose it's relative, but for me, a year and 3 months later is not "very soon" lol

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 11:29:36 pm »

Things move slower in Outerra. They move in ... REAL - TIME.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Jarm

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:39 pm »

Things move slower in Outerra. They move in ... REAL - TIME.

;D 

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »

Also, you know Einstein ... if you want it faster, you build yourself a hefty spaceship with enormous power output gravity manipulators ... but dont say he didnt warn you when you feel like :

... but is true, that making things slower is more easy, you just put them on optic, with the source on the other side of galaxy and use the gravity's light bending power on a lots of them stars on the way to you ... in addition to that several 100 000 light years of travel distance. ;D

Or just enjoy the show a piece at a time ... (dont worry, they handle it in the end) ;D

... Animals will be a great addition to the OT world. Just hope, adding mod-beasts will be well done, so broadening it with some community help will be an option in both, model/animations and AI behavior/interactions.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:05:44 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.