Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286493 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Importer
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 11:30:15 am »

The problem is probably a corrupted impcfg file. Please go to the model folder and delete the impcfg file, it will be generated anew.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2012, 11:44:40 am »

Not working... How do I make the importer believe that he has never imported a thing in his life? What log do I need to delete?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2012, 11:45:21 am »

That Eiffel Tower I took off of Sketchup's Repository when exported was actually only 1/4 of the building and I had to spawn it four times and position it by hand touching the antennae to complete the structure. Would that sort of info be stored in the Collada and able to be completed via the importer?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

Not working... How do I make the importer believe that he has never imported a thing in his life? What log do I need to delete?
All the importer ever creates when importing a model is in the target model directory. You can delete it, but all the files are written there anew, except for the impcfg because that contains info about the nodes.

That makes me think that the error may be elsewhere ... are you sure you are giving it the right file?

Midviki

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 11:57:08 am »

Well I don't know what happen exactly but I think its about the mix-up that I made with 1 model... it didn't had at the time the DDS map... so.. it had a jpg.. and from then... all the time I try to insert a new model. He is looking for a file that I deleted long ago.. and doesn't exist. But I deleted all files and all the models , jpg , impcfg , matlib , objdef and he still can't pass over that file no matter what new file I give him. Its like I need a reset button so he can see clearly that nothing exists.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 11:58:38 am »

That Eiffel Tower I took off of Sketchup's Repository when exported was actually only 1/4 of the building and I had to spawn it four times and position it by hand touching the antennae to complete the structure. Would that sort of info be stored in the Collada and able to be completed via the importer?
I guess you mean that the model was comprised of 4 pieces, and these appear as standalone objects, right? How many objdef files does the model folder contain?

Here's what I wrote in the first post about it:
  • Root nodes of hierarchy are considered standalone objects. If you have the nodes unfolded (i.e. the individual parts show as separate objects), you need to create a root node encompassing the other nodes. You can edit the DAE file directly, adding a new <node> under the <visual_scene>

Normally you would have all the feet done as instances, i.e. the mesh only once, instanced 4 times. It all ought to be in the Collada file. For example, the wheels on the BMW were instanced too.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 12:00:55 pm »

Well I don't know what happen exactly but I think its about the mix-up that I made with 1 model... it didn't had at the time the DDS map... so.. it had a jpg.. and from then... all the time I try to insert a new model. He is looking for a file that I deleted long ago.. and doesn't exist. But I deleted all files and all the models , jpg , impcfg , matlib , objdef and he still can't pass over that file no matter what new file I give him. Its like I need a reset button so he can see clearly that nothing exists.
Isn't the file name written in the Collada file itself? You have to convert the texture files to dds and edit the Collada file, replacing the references to the original files with path to the DDS files. The path can be relative to the Collada fille (without file:/// prefix).

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »

How many objdef files does the model folder contain?

Just one. I will poke around some more.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Midviki

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »

I map the model with the .DDS map, I export with OpenCollada from 3ds Max, I have the .DAE file and a folder named "images" with the dds file in it. Don't I need to have the "images" folder? Did I needed to imprint in the .DAE file the .DDS file? I don't get it... here is a sceen of what it tells me... the jpg error disappeared, now it says something else.. that the file doesn't exist. ( the .DAT file )

http://s10.postimage.org/n20pje03r/OTimp.jpg
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »

I solved the problem I think... still gets some errors.. but managed to import it :).Thx for help.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

Can someone download this model of a Challenger 2 tank and try to import it. It just crashed outerra for me after I spawn it. It is pretty complex but can't be as bad as the ISS.

My Exported Collada
http://i.minus.com/1347554838/WBt77XfXscDe2P3YKmiHDQ/dWMDInvIT7jln/ChallenterTank.dae

The Sketchup Save
http://i.minus.com/1347554881/LdkQ4TYyBO-vgQAPj5G8XA/dbpsk2jFam1rxR/Challenger2.skp

Midviki

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 12:57:25 pm »

Yep... it crashed in a very epic way!
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

saccara18

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »

i cant import everything, error error error.

i load the models on www.3dvia.com as .dae file.

when i start the importing i become thousends of error messages.

:( :( :(

i have been waited so long time for the importer :(

Midviki

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:57 pm »

i cant import everything, error error error.

You will get there :P , there is time , you probably have done something wrong. You can do as I did, read the first post in this thread over and over. Step 1... Do research on the things you don't understand on google , Stept 2... learn and Step 3... profit!  ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

seppen

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2012, 03:13:18 pm »

It crashed but, after I removed some helper dummie objects, and saved it out again from Max it worked fine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30