Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286512 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Importer
« Reply #345 on: May 25, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »

Angrypig's supposed to find a way how to have the FDM files in the model directory. Must check whether he actually has it noted in his todo list.

monks

« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »

Hey, I just follwed my tut of what I did last time but I'm having trouble importing an object. When I go to configure, the only options it gives are for enviromental light and something called box0001 which turns out to be a control tower. My imported object is not in the list. The package file has been created under the correct name.
 So I tried it again and selcted Ignore in config and my object appears ok. So I close down the importer and reopen to place the object. Now the object has been replaced by the contol tower again....
Anyone got any ideas what's going on?

monks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2013, 05:58:39 pm »

Try deleting the content of the imported folder - sometimes the old imports get it into a bad state.

monks

« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

I'm not sure which folder you mean...?
I tried creating another directory and exported from Max into that just to test what it was exporting. It's exported a dae and a new dir called images and put the texture there as expected.
 I browse to this folder in Outerra and it imports fine. No errors. The field at the bottom of the dialog gets filled in correctly with the right name. But, when I go to configure the import, the model name doesn't appear. I get enviromental light and box0001. That's it. Outerra has just filled out the package name so it must know which package I'm importing.

monks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2013, 06:38:35 pm »

There's probably an old impcfg file in the target folder where OT imports. That's in OT data dir, packages/monks/yourmodelname

monks

« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2013, 04:07:38 am »

There are no other folders in the monks User directory other than the 4 models I've imported. Nowhere anywhere is the control tower. I've solved the naming problem of "box0001"- that was in Max. So now at least it has the correct name in the importer. Outerra is importing the package correctly because the object appears correctly after package import. Also, checking the package out in the monks dir, I can see no mention anywhere of the control tower in ANY of the created files - logs, etc. However, when I come to place the object it places the control tower....bizarre. I'm selecting the right package from the object list.

monks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2013, 04:09:33 am »

It should be under the package name, not the object name. There can be multiple objects in a package.

monks

« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2013, 05:07:58 am »

I've noticed that in the log it's creating an enviromenambienttlight object as well as my object (ProcRock). Is that usual?

...looking at my other object imports it's looks like it always does that.

INFO: Loading COLLADA file "C:\MEDEM\Models\ProcRock\ProcRock.DAE"...
INFO: Traversing scene...
INFO: COLLADA loaded.
INFO: Creating import config file "C:\Users\Carl\Outerra\packages/monks/ProcRock/ProcRock.impcfg"...
INFO: Exporting object "EnvironmentAmbientLight" as object
INFO: Renaming object "EnvironmentAmbientLight" to "EnvironmentAmbientLight"
INFO: Exporting object "ProcRock" as object
INFO: Renaming object "ProcRock" to "ProcRock"
INFO: Exported hierarchy:
INFO: EnvironmentAmbientLight
INFO: ProcRock
INFO:
INFO: Exporting COLLADA node "EnvironmentAmbientLight"
INFO: Exporting COLLADA node "ProcRock"

monks

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2013, 05:11:06 am »

It's usual for Max imports. During import it should be set to ignored, since OT has its own lighting.

monks

« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2013, 05:38:25 am »

If I set it to "ignore" the object no longer appears in the "Show Object" field. I have to set it to "static object" to see it.

The importer really seems to be behaving strangely. I went through my previous imports in the object list and tried to place them and I got what seemed to be a random selection of Outerra objects, tanks, planes, trucks. Selecting to place The last object in the list which referred to a previous completely different object of mine (a tower) actually gave me my new object (rock).

How can all of my objects be re-assigned to new ones?

I noticed in the latest build it said we need a new Earth dir for cache. Is that the problem here?

//in addition, I can't delete from within the importer any of the random outerra objects

monks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:44:37 am by monks »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2013, 05:46:56 am »

That's a bug in the latest version - places a wrong object, not the one you selected. Fix is in the works.

But the enviromenambienttlight is not an object, the advice to set it to ignored was for that.

monks

« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2013, 05:51:27 am »

Ahhhhhh....! Hopefully that will fix it. I think what was happening is that it was importing fine (I could see it), but the placement was all screwed up. Bit of info: it's not a random re-assignment though because I always get the control tower for the new object, and always get the rock for the mytower.  ;)

monks

vincibb

« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2013, 06:19:10 am »

Hi,
I've got problem with scripting in game. Every time I hit button reload I get "ERROR: vehicle::init_chassis: interface client not connected" and after that anteworld crash. It happens on every model and I tried reinstall Anteworld too but nothing has changed still same error. Here is my eng.log file and thanks for help

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2013, 08:20:51 am »

Seems to be a bug in the latest build, working on a fix. Thanks for reporting.

7HUND3R

« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2013, 01:16:38 pm »

I have a problem. When loading the model I get this outerra

Once applied on the ground if it is to

The original model as we wanted in outerra

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:19:15 pm by 7HUND3R »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30