Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Importer  (Read 286498 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Importer
« Reply #375 on: April 08, 2014, 05:10:00 am »

Try putting the origin (pivot point - and yes, i mean that main mesh towards all others are parented) at level whyte the ground of the ring-gate and place it before the tower itself (it might blend in whyte it so you cant reach it) or put it somewhere where you will find (some gate-watchtower tip) it and select it at that position in OT ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Mossie

« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2014, 12:02:04 pm »

Now I just started, so please bear with me. I've looked over the Wiki and searched the forums.

My work flow is: 3D model in AC3D, with DDS textures, exported to DAE (1.4).

The exported DAE has long fixed file paths for the textures:
<library_images>
<image id="ID0-LibImage" name="ID0-LibImage">
<init_from>file:///I:/Outerra/Development/Building/c_type_hangar.dds</init_from>
</image>
<image id="ID1-LibImage" name="ID1-LibImage">
<init_from>file:///I:/Outerra/Development/Building/cement.dds</init_from>
</image>
<image id="ID2-LibImage" name="ID2-LibImage">
<init_from>file:///I:/Outerra/Development/Building/glass_dmg0.dds</init_from>
</image>

So reading the WIKI the file path should be relative. So what should I change the paths to?
<init_from>file:///./glass_dmg0.dds</init_from>
Or something else?

The image attached is what I'm trying as my first building.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2014, 02:42:08 am »

@Mossie
I'm working with .FBX files, but I think the path should be something like this: <init_from>file:///glass_dmg0.dds</init_from>

Anyways, instead of editing the .dae file, why not just edit the .mtl file created after the model is imported into Outerra? In any case you will have to modify that .mtl file to make glass transparent, and other adjustments like f0 and roughness if necessary.

Btw, nice hangar you have there ;)

josem75

« Reply #378 on: February 04, 2015, 05:58:31 pm »

Hello all. I am creating some 3d objects. The actual alfa status make dificult choose the location, sometimes i can do, but sometimes is almost imposible.
For example now i created with fbx (from max) a tower for chairlift in the snow. And the problem is the object appear so far from the axis, and its super dificult for move correctly.
I was checing all the axis and are ok in the 3d scene. Even i made a group with all the objects and move the axis down in the object base, result is the same.
I dont know what more do.
Anybody with more experience has any idea?
thank you very much. 

PytonPago

« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2015, 02:05:52 am »

Hello all. I am creating some 3d objects. The actual alfa status make dificult choose the location, sometimes i can do, but sometimes is almost imposible.
For example now i created with fbx (from max) a tower for chairlift in the snow. And the problem is the object appear so far from the axis, and its super dificult for move correctly.
I was checing all the axis and are ok in the 3d scene. Even i made a group with all the objects and move the axis down in the object base, result is the same.
I dont know what more do.
Anybody with more experience has any idea?
thank you very much.

There are two possibilityes that come to my mind - first, there may be some lone vertice somewhere far away from the model , or at the export, the origin points weren't set right. Know in Blender, sometimes, it takes the first instance origin positions ... there is some action to re-set them to the position its been given later, but dont know how its called or where that is in other software ... it is also alittle buggy, so i have to copy-paste the mesh sometimes and delete the original one to get that fixed (so 1 in 500 cases ?).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

josem75

« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »

Hi Pyton thank you.
I am in Max 2015.
I found the problem selecting all the objects and going to hierarchy-working pivot-edit working pivot.
So there the pivot is far away, in point 0-0-0.
I moved the pivot to the base of the object, and save and export, i though would be solved.. But the same problem again.
Then i changed strategy. I selected all the objects and move to point 0,0,0 where the pivot is. Then the pivot problem is solved, but this is the result:

For the comparisson. The original is flying in the air, the other three are with the pivot problem solved but totally deformed. While in Max i see perfectly.
This object is being a pain ))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:15:22 pm by josem75 »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »

Have you applied "Reset Xform" to your objects?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

« Reply #382 on: February 06, 2015, 01:23:16 am »

Yes, thats exactly that second thing I mentioned ... Not sure how that "reset xform" works (im more of a blender guy), but its probably the action to set the pivots right in Max ... doe forgot to mention, in Blender sometimes this does also, when the hierarchy of the meshes is changed in some specific way - then ya need to parent all the "broken" parts to theyr parents again (no matter that they already are parented rightly in the parent-tree window) ... helps too (at-least for me in the last few versions). Hope something of this helps ya.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2015, 10:29:27 am »

Yes, reset xform (3ds) = apply location, rotation & scale (Blender). Is mandatory in both programs for avoiding problems.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

josem75

« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:40 am »

Hello. Yes i did the reset xform for one reason. When i tried to move all selected objects, some obects move to the left up and some others to the right down and so...
My problem is that after applying xform and changing the axis, etc, i see the object perfectly in max, but in outerra is deformed. I think thats a rare case

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2015, 11:07:36 am »

Pepe:

Let's try to fix it handling just one tower. I know I will tell you things you probably know and have done, but it is just for a "check list".

1.- Is your tower just one editable poly? If it is not, attach every single part in one object (for testing purposes).

2.- Edit pivot only, and locate it in the base.

3.- Reset xform.

4.- Collapse the stack (or right click, convert to editable poly).

5.- Export "selected object".

If the problem is still there, post your .FBX exporting settings. Perhaps we could detect something wrong.

josem75

« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2015, 08:22:08 pm »

Pepe:

Let's try to fix it handling just one tower. I know I will tell you things you probably know and have done, but it is just for a "check list".

1.- Is your tower just one editable poly? If it is not, attach every single part in one object (for testing purposes).

2.- Edit pivot only, and locate it in the base.

3.- Reset xform.

4.- Collapse the stack (or right click, convert to editable poly).

5.- Export "selected object".

If the problem is still there, post your .FBX exporting settings. Perhaps we could detect something wrong.

That was a great resume.

My situation was. Reset Xform worked in Max for keep objects calm to the normal (so if i move all the tower selecting all the individual obects, all was moving to the same direction finally). 
But in outerra, this reset xform showed deformations in the objects (some individual objects moved and scaled). So i was not able to use reset xform that case.

The only thing that worked fine was attaching all the individuals in just one object. Then i was able to move without problems.

So. Why move? Because of the object pivot problem. Even when that pivot was so right in the base of the object (after attaching all). Still in outerra was wrong and so far..  For some reason the normal pivot was not the main in outerra.. The only solution was touching the "working pivot" (i think my first time in my live i use that in many years), then this working pivot was so far from the object (in point 0,0,0). There is one option for align to object, even for move it manually. I did it. And also didnt work for outerra.. So the only solution was move THE OBJECT to the pivot place in 0,0,0.  Then the axis problem was solved in outerra (the only way for that case).

But for move my object without attaching it, some objects was moving in one direction, and others in the opposite... Reset Xform worked for solve that but the problem of show deformed in outerra made the option unable.. So only attach all..

Attach all is a solution for the final piece, just for export it. Because i preffer having all the original separated objects. But i dont know if its better to attach before exporting. Making more easy for the engine to represent it or something.

In resuming words..  Necesary to move my object to 0,0,0, position yes or yes.. No other option, no moving any pivot worked. And reset xform had unespected results for solve the crazy diferent directions moves in individual objects. What Max showed me after reset xform was not the same outerra did..

thank you very much kw71 and pyton
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:31:41 pm by josem75 »

PytonPago

« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:10 am »

Could ya try one more thing (off course if ya have still the nerves for it) ? .... copying all the meshes "in edit mode" and taking them out into new meshes ("separate selection its called in blender). Then setting all their pivots to geometry and re-parenting them in the same hierarchy the old ones were ... (dont forget to make a new empty base-mesh whyte the object name for it too and deleting the original meshes). ...

... i only once experienced that more than one mesh was buggy like this - if i deleted some of the meshes they were parented to somewhere during modeling. (its like all the parented meshes were defined based on the parent and i messed things up by deleting this "base-pivot point" of theirs - not sure if because i made the children by copying the parent mesh or not). But making a new primal parent and re-parenting them copies to it worked for me in Blender (like making a new set of meshes where i put their vertices copies would be what he needed as it would get pivots orientations as new for each mesh). Im quite surprised Max has such problems too (also, whats the version ?).

josem75

« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2015, 10:43:37 am »

Could ya try one more thing (off course if ya have still the nerves for it) ? .... copying all the meshes "in edit mode" and taking them out into new meshes ("separate selection its called in blender). Then setting all their pivots to geometry and re-parenting them in the same hierarchy the old ones were ... (dont forget to make a new empty base-mesh with the object name for it too and deleting the original meshes). ...

... i only once experienced that more than one mesh was buggy like this - if i deleted some of the meshes they were parented to somewhere during modeling. (its like all the parented meshes were defined based on the parent and i messed things up by deleting this "base-pivot point" of theirs - not sure if because i made the children by copying the parent mesh or not). But making a new primal parent and re-parenting them copies to it worked for me in Blender (like making a new set of meshes where i put their vertices copies would be what he needed as it would get pivots orientations as new for each mesh). Im quite surprised Max has such problems too (also, whats the version ?).

Hi, the version of max is 2015, the latest.  It seems work good in terms of performance and stability. Visor is very fast too with nitrous directx 11.

I will try what you told me. Max is too diferent and the names you told me are diferent. I need to use more blender too.
Do you know if is necesary to put the objects in the point 0,0,0 in the 3d program before fbx export? Dont know, maybe its a must to do thing.
I needed to do for have the pivot near the object in outerra.

Now i have a problem because i dont remember how to open the js console in outerra. Where you change parameters. i though was alt-i but nothing open. I already tested all the buttons xd.
And i cant see in wiki.   also, when you change something like the material,, etc, need to restart outerra?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:45:38 am by josem75 »

M7

« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2015, 11:19:21 am »

Alt E  to open the js console.
You can use an external program to edit the js (usefull if you have a second monitor). After saving you need to hit alt D  to reload the js to see those changes.
If you update a texture, it will show in ot in seconds. If you make changes in the .mtl file, then you have to reload OT to see the changes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30