Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: Outerra videos thread  (Read 252215 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: Outerra videos thread
« Reply #450 on: November 22, 2019, 06:14:17 pm »

random building and streetlight autogen trial in outerra ...lots of things become possible !!   :)

aWac9

« Reply #451 on: November 23, 2019, 06:53:37 am »

I like your job.  :)
I was wondering how far objects are generated? if you walk and objects arise without noticing its creation, it is pleasant, but large buildings that arise abruptly, it would be unrealistic.
 ::)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #452 on: November 23, 2019, 07:55:32 am »

Popping up ! yes you're right. For the moment  I let it pop up on purpose to see that they are automatically generated when the camera moves. Creation range can be adjusted. I think for the video I used 1.5 km. Would be sufficient for smaller buildings and other small object. I fully agree that for skyscrapers creation range should be much wider, but this is just an experiment. I need to figure out the right "Mix" of buildings, and introduce a better distribution (not uniformly random) maybe related to location on the map. (close to city center there are higher buildings and farther away smaller ones and industrial buildings) ...but everything is at an very basic experimenting level..no serious intention to make a mod behind it for now, untill I get some nice and especially useable results.  My biggest problem at the moment is to avoid that objects get placed inevitably also on roads. If this were not the case then it would be possible to get already a city where you can drive through. For the moment however I don't know how to tell the script where roads are  :'(.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:02:24 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #453 on: November 23, 2019, 12:01:32 pm »

Popping up ! yes you're right. For the moment  I let it pop up on purpose to see that they are automatically generated when the camera moves. Creation range can be adjusted. I think for the video I used 1.5 km. Would be sufficient for smaller buildings and other small object. I fully agree that for skyscrapers creation range should be much wider, but this is just an experiment. I need to figure out the right "Mix" of buildings, and introduce a better distribution (not uniformly random) maybe related to location on the map. (close to city center there are higher buildings and farther away smaller ones and industrial buildings) ...but everything is at an very basic experimenting level..no serious intention to make a mod behind it for now, untill I get some nice and especially useable results.  My biggest problem at the moment is to avoid that objects get placed inevitably also on roads. If this were not the case then it would be possible to get already a city where you can drive through. For the moment however I don't know how to tell the script where roads are  :'(.
 ;)
ahh.. good music
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:35:29 pm by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2019, 04:20:10 pm »

Bad driving in my crappy autogen village in outerra. Unfortunately couldn't figure out yet how to avoid houses and streetlamps on roads.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2019, 07:06:35 pm »

Outerra can be more than just  landscapes !!  Even these early trials of autogenerated cities promise great future for future game-scenery sets   :)

aWac9

« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2019, 03:55:09 am »

:)
interesting. I was wondering if you can do the opposite, that is, using the snow to get movements inside the road alone ... can you drive with a car autonomously on the tracks with your idea or experiment?
Are bells heard? Are they still in Trent?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2019, 05:38:23 am »

Autonomous driving on road when there is snow ? Should be possible. In this regard I'd want to ask you if you have the same problem as me..whenever there is snow vehicles sink and get stuck in snow. I allways had this problem even with all previous outerra versions. Seems like snow behaves as mud..but it looks exagerated as the thickness of snow is not visible....if it sinks in snow at least the snow layer should be visibly thick... and the thicker the more you get stuck...also it makes driving in winter very dangerous, near to impossible unless you're very carful not to get any wheels off from the road.....not normal ... is it the same for you ?

Bells...well I could make them part of outerra sounds ..just need to decide where and when will the bells ring. Same goes of other sounds

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:39:53 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:32 am »

:o

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2019, 09:29:27 am »

I see you have the same problem  =|  Meanwhile I solved the problem with a "snow-turbo" mod adding to the buggy JS an extra-force depending on snowdepth and engine rpm. Works also for mud. Maybe I should also adjust the suspensions..wheels seem a little too deep in snow. Anyway with this self-driving cars in winter will probably be possible.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:47:12 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #460 on: December 08, 2019, 07:38:37 pm »

Experiments with floating ice and "magic forces"   =D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #461 on: December 08, 2019, 07:55:22 pm »

Nice, gonna take a boat through it, or would it be pulled by the force too?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2019, 08:02:22 pm »

Depends if boat is also "magnetized" or not  =D

Jagerbomber

« Reply #463 on: December 09, 2019, 12:06:57 am »

So they were actually moving towards eachother rather than just the 1 single spot?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #464 on: December 09, 2019, 12:27:05 am »

Yes. Each one attracting all others...thats the magic that got possible by using global variables..so that each one knows where all companions are and so can attract them and in turn is attracted by each one with a specific law of force versus distance...real  magnetic or electrostatic physics becomes possible! opens quite some useful possibilities .  Magnets for instance can be used for lots of things :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:51:28 am by fly77 »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44