Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Red Screen on Startup?  (Read 14530 times)

Tango91

Red Screen on Startup?
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

Hi all,

I have the strange problem that when I start Anteworld the screen immediately turns completely red. I've searched and not found anything similar sounding on here.

The process does not hang as far as I can tell, and the cursor is free to move about the screen and changes as you mouse over the positions of the text input boxes and buttons on the login screen.

A particularly thrilling picture (ignore the windows snipping tool ghost):

I use ATI tray tools, this is responsible for the (garbled) FPS display at the top of the screen. I don't believe it's related as I've had it installed for ever.

I don't know what caused this as it happened out of the blue, I have never had problems with Anteworld before.
I've tried uninstalling the game and removing all user preferences and reinstalling, but no joy.

My PC:
Windows 7 64-bit
Phenom II x4
ATI Radeon HD5770 (1GB)

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be much appreciated, I'm itching to try out my new joystick in this amazing engine!

Thanks,
Tom

EDIT: Turns out it WAS ATI Tray Tools after all. Cool!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:14:57 pm by Tango91 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Red Screen on Startup?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:42:48 pm »

Yes, many tools that hook into other processes to show various overlays have problems with the game loop in OT, even more so with the updated dev version. We will probably have to show a warning window and try to unload the hooked modules.