Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: What would YOU do with this engine?  (Read 71683 times)

TankBo

What would YOU do with this engine?
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2011, 01:24:14 pm »

Quote from: cameni
Quote from: TankBo
I find it interesting how everybody dreams of being able to reflect our reality to a game. :)
Yeah, I find it funny too. But it applies only to certain aspects of reality. I think nobody will be locked in an office in Outerra programming stuff  :D
Uh well, that could end up in something weird. Locked in an office, programming another version of Outerra in Outerra. And guess what you will do there... This is going to be some kind of Matrix. ;) Maybe we all are already sitting in Outerra?

Vicious713

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:30 pm »

I've just always wanted to take the need for speed: hot pursuit formula and apply simulator physics. I mean, why not? Or have some kind of capture the flag type driving game where you play with a car that's got all kinds of gadgets. A driving sim with carnage and real physics would just be so much fun, and take some actual talent. Perhaps get more people that just racing enthusiasts into the sim world.

I guess one would need to work on traffic simulation too, especially if you wanna deal damage in cities.
3d Modeler, Sketch Artist and Level Designer

SpaceFlight

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2011, 05:39:59 am »

I would perhaps make a "GTA" kind of game with this engine if I could, how about a GTA "World"  :)  ?
Or a "Total War" game, covering the whole globe
mixed with the first person fighting elements of "Mount and Blade: Warband".
Or an "Arma 2" kind of game.
Or just a real cool world simulator, with planes, boats and cars. And tanks. And choppers.  :D
There are just so many possibilities... :cool:
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

Vicious713

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:50 am »

Of course, Combine Sim City difficulty with Cities XL freedom, and then allow us to drive and fly around our towns =D

Maybe incorporate some new carbon footprint gimick for something else to worry about when it comes to city building.
3d Modeler, Sketch Artist and Level Designer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]