Outerra Engine > Off Topic

Quoting

(1/4) > >>

AWM Mars:
I find the constant taking up of space by quoting, and requoting, then re-requoting what the last posters have said, space wasting and spamming. The whole point of Forums is so that you can read the thread and know what is being said.

RaikoRaufoss:

--- Quote from: AWM Mars ---I find the constant taking up of space by quoting, and requoting, then re-requoting what the last posters have said, space wasting and spamming. The whole point of Forums is so that you can read the thread and know what is being said.
--- End quote ---
Not if done correctly.  I don't see terrible use of quoting and re-quoting here: I've seen far worse.  I've been with this forum for a few months now, and always found it to be a friendly place where I could air ideas and help in any way I could.  Your post marks the first time that's changed.

cameni:
I do not find it used wrongly in too many places here, so I was surprised to see that something like that could have angered you.
I'm personally trying to quote only when there are several parallel threads within a topic, and not to quote if it's a single stream. But I'm not sure if I always follow this rule myself, so it's nothing I would kill for :D

But RaikoRaufoss quoting the post directly above his about overusing the quoting, that made me laugh :lol:
Although I understand that AWM Mars probably doesn't find it funny at all. I hope this doesn't become a problem, guys?

RaikoRaufoss:

--- Quote from: cameni ---But RaikoRaufoss quoting the post directly above his about overusing the quoting, that made me laugh :lol:
Although I understand that AWM Mars probably doesn't find it funny at all. I hope this doesn't become a problem, guys?
--- End quote ---
Yes, I love irony. :lol: It won't be a problem for me; I usually only quote a post when I want address a single post, and always remove other quotes that are buried in the whole quote that don't have any meaning to what I want to respond to.

ZeosPantera:
It usually helps when you cut down a quoted post to just specify what you are addressing. I moderate some other forums and spend many an hour removing double quoted 1920x1200 image embeds of the ABOVE poster..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version