Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HD7850 black screen  (Read 11632 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: HD7850 black screen
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 01:45:59 am »

Uninstaller doesn't remove your custom data, we specifically wouldn't want to remove your edits of the world. But it probably should be changed to delete anything that can be restored with the installer, to some extent - configs, terrain data ...

nealius

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:16 am »

Well, I just uninstalled it, then deleted the Outerra folder from my Users folder to clean everything out. Reinstalled the developer version and tried to run it, but I get "syntax error, format invalid." After installing the patch, it works, but has those errors.

I guess the syntax error is the problem. Might have something to do with my GPS coordinates not taking me to the right places either :p
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:54:01 am by nealius »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:27 am »

Hmm, are you sure that you are deleting the right folder? Getting a syntax error right after a clean install ... that's odd. Can you change the data path when installing?
Btw you can zip the eng.log and attach it here.

nealius

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 10:20:30 am »

Ok, so apparently since I'm on Windows 7 the default install path is Program Files (x86). I uninstalled and deleted everything and installed it to just C: and it runs fine now. Appears to have updated itself as well.

Attached eng.log. This one is much smaller this time.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

That's where 32 bit programs go because you're using 64 bit Windows.  Doesn't necessarily have to do with using Windows 7.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

nealius

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »

Well yeah, but if a 32 bit program installs into the x86 folder, shouldn't it work? If it doesn't work and needs to be installed in the default Program Files folder on 64 bit OS's then why does it not automatically do that?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »

You know what?... I might have actually anticipated that problem myself way back when I first installed it, and installed it somewhere else as well.   ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 01:31:31 am »

Majority of people have Win7 x64 and install into default path, myself too and everything works as expected. I think the problem must have been related to the data directory, and the changeover from the old version to the new dev branch.
Pages: 1 [2]