Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Progress on Anteworld?  (Read 7713 times)

TheLastRonin

Progress on Anteworld?
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:21:14 am »

I feel like a year has gone by and I'm not really sure if any progress towards the actual game has been made? Heck even the forums are hardly that active anymore.

When I bought Anteworld I did so under the assumption that the engine would eventually evolve into the game Anteworld.

I hope work is still being made towards this game and that interest hasn't dried up :(.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:18:32 am by TheLastRonin »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Is Anteworld/Outerra Dead?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:33:02 am »

Fool, that will never work. The BIG enhancements for the engine take a LONG time. In the interim work has been done on the vehicle importer and there have been a lot of recent driver bugs in the new lines of cards.

I post any major updates for OT on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/Outerra/
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

TheLastRonin

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:50:18 am »

Fool, that will never work. The BIG enhancements for the engine take a LONG time. In the interim work has been done on the vehicle importer and there have been a lot of recent driver bugs in the new lines of cards.

I post any major updates for OT on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/Outerra/

That's all Outerra engine work. What has been done for Anteworld?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:15:37 am »

We have said that this year will be mostly about the engine work; we had to build the toolset and the infrastructure in the engine to be able to code the actual game effectively. So we've been working on the model import, scripting and lots of small stuff needed for the game. There's also skeletal animation in the works so that we will be able to put animated characters into the world. With all that the fun starts, but a good game needs more than that.

We feel too that we need to add actual gameplay into it but we don't want to rush it or else people will complain again about it being half-baked. I know it takes a long time, but that's the time it takes. It's not dead at all, I'm sorry that you feel it so.

TheLastRonin

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 03:17:58 am »

We have said that this year will be mostly about the engine work; we had to build the toolset and the infrastructure in the engine to be able to code the actual game effectively. So we've been working on the model import, scripting and lots of small stuff needed for the game. There's also skeletal animation in the works so that we will be able to put animated characters into the world. With all that the fun starts, but a good game needs more than that.

We feel too that we need to add actual gameplay into it but we don't want to rush it or else people will complain again about it being half-baked. I know it takes a long time, but that's the time it takes. It's not dead at all, I'm sorry that you feel it so.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry I was not meaning to come across as inflammatory. I was simply worried that such a great idea might have been lost. I am really excited to see a game made out of the Outerra engine.

Is there some official place I can go, maybe an official blog, that reguarly points out progress, etc?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Progress on Anteworld?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 03:42:37 am »

There's Outerra blog but it's biased more towards the technical aspects of the development.

Our facebook page and twitter receives more images and videos (my youtube channel) and updates about what others do with OT.
There's also Google+ Outerra page getting version update info.

These are updated by us, then there's also Zeos' Outerra reddit, aggregating anything worthy of mention (except the technicalities).