Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rigs of Rods  (Read 42006 times)

ddenn

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »

Very impressive!
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
Rigs of Rods
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:40 pm »

Love the music and realistic suspension!
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel JanouĊĦek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

corona

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 04:53:57 pm »

I guess the obvious question is:
Could outerra be used as the graphics engine for RoR? Or could the RoR physics/destruction/whatever engine be used inside Outerra? Would it even make sense to do so?

Other than that, very nice.

Lifter

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »

Rigsof Rods Flextires and mud (fluid dynamics) simulation

[youtube]wdsIFnkRDAA[/youtube]

Btw...before someone complains...we are working on tires really digging trails into the mud.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Rigs of Rods
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 04:49:05 am »

Quote from: corona
Could outerra be used as the graphics engine for RoR? Or could the RoR physics/destruction/whatever engine be used inside Outerra? Would it even make sense to do so?
We've discussed it twice already, but didn't come to a conclusion that would satisfy both sides.
Technically it should be possible though.

Lifter

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 12:40:29 pm »

Rigsof Rods Vehicle Dynamics

[youtube2]BG9BnCLxtfc[/youtube2]

Modding the Tatra T813 to a Dakar version with improved on road handling.

Edit:

Burning rubber

[youtube2]k1JAizoHUHw[/youtube2]

Manged to keep it drifting with steering and throttle... :)

Timmo

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:43 pm »

Pretty cool physics and deformations!......why are there multiple shadows though?

Lifter

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:05 pm »

Quote from: Timmo
Pretty cool physics and deformations!......why are there multiple shadows though?

Thanks a lot.
Its a wrong setting in our current enviroment simulation...the moon emits too much light at daytimes when its visible in the sky. Fixed in our current svn version already. Rigs of Rods is like Outerra under development.

Tatra Dakar support truck getting a modern airride with coil over shock suspension and wider track, changing truck behaviour a lot ( well there was never a T813 8x8 Dakar as far as i know, but its a pretty cool showcase anyway) :

[youtube2]DHQLEJEG71w[/youtube2]

corona

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 05:16:31 am »

While this is on Off Topic, is there a specific reason that you keep posting these?
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some users will find these interresting, but why choose to post them on the Outerra Forum?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Rigs of Rods
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 12:27:24 pm »

While this is on Off Topic, is there a specific reason that you keep posting these?
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some users will find these interesting, but why choose to post them on the Outerra Forum?

I can see the correlation. ROR is a sort of open world game, outerra is the ultimate open world game. He has a tatra, Cameni has a tatra. ror is a vehicle simulator, outerra is going to be a vehicle simulator.

Plus the forums have slowed to a crawl so any posts that remind me this place exists are good. I may start a desktops thread just for that reason... nah. Here are the screens I took and are using anyway. 1920x1200 PNG's http://wallbase.net/related/741897
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Lifter

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 06:28:03 am »

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some users will find these interresting, but why choose to post them on the Outerra Forum?

Hi Corona,

Cameni and i had some skpye conversation going on over the last months.
I once asked him about getting hand on the meshes of that Tatra T813 he is using in one of his videos, thinking about implementing it into the RoR Vehicle fleet too, and he provided me the contact to the original author of these meshes.

I started implementing the Tatra into RoR, just to show Cameni how much gamefun the realism of softbody physics will provide in comparison to an arcade game physics plugin he uses right now.

Cameni was interested in seeing the difference and gave me the permission to post the progress of the development of that truck in his forum. And thats exactly what you see here in the thread..a WIP project.

Since outerra is focussing on a huge world visulization while Rigs of Rods is focussing on Vehicle Physics/Dynamics and vehicles interaction with the enviroment and other object, this would just not interfer with outerras goals.

corona

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 08:31:41 am »

Thank you for the explanation.

Lifter

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 09:03:35 pm »

Rigs of Rods 2010 Promo Video:

[youtube2]3A6OHnAD_Pc[/youtube2]

Thanks for checking it out.

Kridian

Rigs of Rods
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 11:03:01 am »

Nice vid Lifter! Huge potential with physics there.
Pages: 1 [2]