Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Multiple rotate options  (Read 7620 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Multiple rotate options
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

Is it possible on the "rotate" option to be able to have more than 1 axis?... It would be nice if I could rotate on X axis the objects that I import.
Or there is the already something.. some key that rotates objects more than horizontal, or a method?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Multiple rotate options
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:33:04 am »

Currently it's not yet exposed in the editor, but it can be added.

Midviki

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 04:54:43 am »

Is it possible on the "rotate" option to be able to have more than 1 axis?... It would be nice if I could rotate on X axis the objects that I import.
Or there is the already something.. some key that rotates objects more than horizontal, or a method?

Currently it's not yet exposed in the editor, but it can be added.

Midviki's. Yours wasn't a question :)

Would it be ok to use shift+click to select all nodes?

The thingy with "shift+click"  ? You where talking about the bones(right?):

Feature Request for the IMPORTER:

Selecting a GROUP in the Bones menu, selects ALL parts in the group. I have all my bones in one group, would make is SO much easier to simply select the group and all parts in the group are auto selected.

But anyway.. for the rotation on X and Y axis... would the key binds :  "X+O" , "Y+O" and maybe change to "Z+O" the current rotation of objects that now is ( "O" )?
It is painful and time consuming to re-import an object just because you need it tilted or you need to turn it 180* degrees ( or flip it on the other side ).

This for now, that I know it is easy to add more then 1 axis and add the "info" for the key-binds in the "Help" Box.

And an extra request that probably is more time consuming.

Can you add a small visual box where you can insert the values of the angle / the degree you want to tilt the object.And that box could be implemented for the other options as well if you think about it.

And if you want ideas about how it would work.. I thought about that too.Hear me out : Lets say.. you want to just rotate or move the object.But sometimes you don't want to use the "precision box" where you insert values and stuff.And basically this "precision box" is just for small values, like centimeters , millimeters or smaller degrees, basically you got the point, a smaller scale.And that box will pop out on the object, in the middle of the screen only if you press an extra key, like "Ctrl", lets say for all the key binds commands that are already existent when you want to move an object and have the "precision box" you will use commands like "Ctrl+m" , "Ctrl+Shift+m" , "Ctrl+V" , "Ctr+X+O".And the box will pop and insert the value.And if you don't want the box, you just use the usual "m" , "shift+m" , "v" ..etc.

What do you think about it?
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

Would it be ok to use shift+click to select all nodes?
The thingy with "shift+click"  ? You where talking about the bones(right?):
Yes. Forgot about it - please add it to the tracker as a feature request, as in the forum and my memory it scrolls away into oblivion too fast :)

Can you add a small visual box where you can insert the values of the angle / the degree you want to tilt the object.And that box could be implemented for the other options as well if you think about it.

And if you want ideas about how it would work.. I thought about that too.Hear me out : Lets say.. you want to just rotate or move the object.But sometimes you don't want to use the "precision box" where you insert values and stuff.And basically this "precision box" is just for small values, like centimeters , millimeters or smaller degrees, basically you got the point, a smaller scale.And that box will pop out on the object, in the middle of the screen only if you press an extra key, like "Ctrl", lets say for all the key binds commands that are already existent when you want to move an object and have the "precision box" you will use commands like "Ctrl+m" , "Ctrl+Shift+m" , "Ctrl+V" , "Ctr+X+O".And the box will pop and insert the value.And if you don't want the box, you just use the usual "m" , "shift+m" , "v" ..etc.

What do you think about it?
Maybe it could be combined, upon entering the mode you would be also able to type a number. The number would show in a status bar somewhere in the tool, and it could update also as you move with the mouse, showing the current value.

Midviki

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:36:43 am »

Maybe it could be combined, upon entering the mode you would be also able to type a number. The number would show in a status bar somewhere in the tool, and it could update also as you move with the mouse, showing the current value.

I think I thought of a more simple idea.The box where you introduce a number and the object would get an input on its position seems like too much work.An easier solution would be : When you move the mouse after you selected the object and pressed the specific command to 'rotate', adjust 'height' or 'move' the object.You can see that the object is moving very fast... and to achieve an exact position that you want you basically need that thing to move slower.So basically you can just add 1 extra key, that will slow down the movement of the object.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:53:59 am »

Yes. Forgot about it - please add it to the tracker as a feature request, as in the forum and my memory it scrolls away into oblivion too fast :)

For some reason.. my acc and/or pass doesn't work on http://xtrac.outerra.com/  .Is there something special I need to do too get in there?I even had a hard time finding it.It was like a "lepricon" hard to find it, I had to look in to my browser history of a link that I accessed from another topic/post :D.It would be nice to be able to find it much easier.Or keep it like now secret if you want just the good feedback to be spammed on there ;D.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:58:22 am by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:07 am »

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1211.0

The password is the access code generated through the account. For security reasons it does not use your normal password.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:37 am »

I think I thought of a more simple idea.The box where you introduce a number and the object would get an input on its position seems like too much work.An easier solution would be : When you move the mouse after you selected the object and pressed the specific command to 'rotate', adjust 'height' or 'move' the object.You can see that the object is moving very fast... and to achieve an exact position that you want you basically need that thing to move slower.So basically you can just add 1 extra key, that will slow down the movement of the object.
I still like the idea of being able to enter the numbers directly, for things when you have some exact numbers and want to use them. I always liked Rhinoceros' way where you can operate it with mouse or enter the values, for every command.

Midviki

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:14:55 am »

Yep... I like the option too.I'm actually addicted to numbers in 3D Studio Max.But I was just trying to give "fast" ideas.For fast development.I'm a supporter of lazy.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670