Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: JSBSim Interface & Interaction  (Read 64331 times)

langdon

Re: JSBSim Interface & Interaction
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2015, 04:22:51 am »

Hi Guys,
Has there been any movement in this area over the past year or so?

I've got FSX/P3D driving the Outerra in game camera via a plugin but now I'm looking to get the FSX AI driving a few aircraft or even better a human driving another aircraft or two.

The <input> <output> tags sound interesting...
Off to sus that out right now...

simulayers

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »

That also reminds me ... I thought that I read at one time that Outerra was using different code for ground reactions. If that is integrated with JSBSim for this use, I'd like to see it.

Jon

Hi Jon

Sorry for late answer but there was a lot of work and i didn't have time to look at the JSBSim until now.

We used different implementation for suspension at the beginning, frankly I don't remember exactly why, but it had something to do with the collisions on the sloped terrain / bumps etc. Currently we are using pure JSBSim library with minor changes.

I managed to catch up to the latest version in the GIT repo and made the branch for the DLL configuration, removed warnings and added a few functions to FGPropertyManager/Node. The jsbsim_wrapper is now using JSBSim.dll that can be replaced with new/modified version. There can be future compatibility issues with new versions because i'm using direct C++ objects from headers but it can be handled easily on my side.

Currently i have an issue with multiple aicraft instances, I saw in the mailing list you were working on it. I'm trying to figure out where is the problem. This new jsbsim_wrapper/jsbsim.dll will be available once I manage to make it stable. Then I will attach patch with all my changes...

The next step will be to remove the jsbsim_wrapper altogether and use the JSBSim library directly as DLL.

Has this DLL project come to a stable state that you can share with world? If it is already done, can you please point us to the location where it can be accessed?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2016, 02:14:20 am »

We haven't removed the wrapper yet, but the jsbsim modifications are on github https://github.com/Outerra/jsbsim
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]