Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 250840 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Re: Latest version: 0.7.13.3456
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 10:16:27 am »

Thx!.. I knew about this.. but couldn't find it.Very lucky of "santa" Cameni's elves here helping each other making the world a better place.  ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 01:46:14 pm »

There is :

Forgot about that.. Added to my Desktop Background Cycle
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Allan Davidson

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:52 am »

Should go to cache/earth/object, just create an earth folder under cache, and move the object folder into it.

But this would mean that autoupdate doesn't install new data ...

Solved!

Midviki

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 03:39:16 pm »

Does anyone with ATI has a problem with visuals?... how terrain renders when you move around? Like seeing small ( small = 1/2 meters or bigger gaps in to the texture ) white polys or disappearing polygons... or cracks in to the textures? Especially of those "user made" like modified terrain with roads, or just roads.

From what I saw it... is something similar to the previous bug with chunks of texture from oceans, or land disappearing.But on a smaller scale, and it only occurs for like 0,3 seconds from a hole 1 second, in new explored terrain.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Moonkey

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »

Does anyone with ATI has a problem with visuals?... how terrain renders when you move around? Like seeing small ( small = 1/2 meters or bigger gaps in to the texture ) white polys or disappearing polygons... or cracks in to the textures? Especially of those "user made" like modified terrain with roads, or just roads.

From what I saw it... is something similar to the previous bug with chunks of texture from oceans, or land disappearing.But on a smaller scale, and it only occurs for like 0,3 seconds from a hole 1 second, in new explored terrain.
Don't change the prefetch/terrain poly detail under 0.9 else you will get white textures below you. Though I haven't seen it disappearing randomly.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »

The AMD driver bug is still there and may manifest sometimes. We haven't received confirmation of a fix from AMD yet, and there hasn't been a new driver in a while.

Midviki

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 06:53:53 pm »

Yep Cameni.. AMD seems very buggy.And very lazy on repairing things... On nVidia you don't have any problems like this?

Don't change the prefetch/terrain poly detail under 0.9 else you will get white textures below you. Though I haven't seen it disappearing randomly.

No Moonkey... it is not that one.Simply after modifying the terrain, it flickers, the fresh terrain that you have modified makes problems.And in some cases it is not just when  you are moving the camera around , moving , rolling , zooming... in some cases you can see on a permanent basis some huge gaps of texture... and if you go over it with the truck, plane or something the collision doesn't fit the visuals.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

djt

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 07:47:50 pm »

Yep Cameni.. AMD seems very buggy.And very lazy on repairing things... On nVidia you don't have any problems like this?

It has gotten better with the last couple of driver revisions.

I just gave the new Catalyst 13.1’s with a 7970 a try and they are really showing signs of improvement. It’s a ways off from the image quality and performance that I’m seeing with the Nvidia GTX 680 but at least AMD is communicating with the Outerra team.

There’s supposedly a new beta going up next week (13.2b http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times) which has already been leaked over at guru3D. It might have frame latency issue fixes that have been mentioned over the last few months.

I’m hoping that Valve’s new Steam Box (http://xi3.com/x7a-modular-computer.php) which uses an AMD CPU and Radeon 7000 series GPU will push AMD into improving OpenGL support since Valve is going to be using Linux as its platform.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »

Ugh... I admit that I don't think I've run Outerra since sometime before I switched from the W8 consumer preview to the release preview, and I just installed the actual release version of W8... after deleting my old backup from the consumer preview, to make room for my release preview backup... even though I had never actually moved my outerra data to the release preview yet...  :'( :'( :'( So many roads gone...

Also, is there any way I can make a request to remove the Ellington, CT data and spawn location from the official download?  I'm not sure how easy that is if it contains other areas that I traveled to... (though I haven't modified anywhere else).  It would make things a bit less confusing for me when I try to move my backup to the new one, so I don't have to go find where I worked last to figure out if my file transfer was successful.

Also, "restart to apply" in the graphics properties isn't working quite right.  When it restarts it goes windowed mode and spawns you at the default location.  Closing and starting the program yourself works correctly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:43:50 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 02:01:21 am »

Ugh... I admit that I don't think I've run Outerra since sometime before I switched from the W8 consumer preview to the release preview, and I just installed the actual release version of W8... after deleting my old backup from the consumer preview, to make room for my release preview backup... even though I had never actually moved my outerra data to the release preview yet...  :'( :'( :'( So many roads gone...
Note there was a change of where your edits are stored, previously it was in cache/object, now is in cache/earth/object. You have to move/copy it manually to get your roads/objects back.

Also, is there any way I can make a request to remove the Ellington, CT data and spawn location from the official download?  I'm not sure how easy that is if it contains other areas that I traveled to... (though I haven't modified anywhere else).  It would make things a bit less confusing for me when I try to move my backup to the new one, so I don't have to go find where I worked last to figure out if my file transfer was successful.
I don't understand, there's no Ellington in official download. Did you do a clean install?

Also, "restart to apply" in the graphics properties isn't working quite right.  When it restarts it goes windowed mode and spawns you at the default location.  Closing and starting the program yourself works correctly.
Hmm, I suspect this will have something to do with OS and the access privileges for spawned processes.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

Ok Just confirmed it after my fresh install.  Remember when I gave you my terrain files to check out the asphalt pieces in Ellington, CT USA that I couldn't delete at the time?  Well you put my terrain files in the official download... Is it possible to get them removed from the download?  I haven't built anything outside of my town, but there are disconnected roads spread out throughout my town.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:45:04 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 02:23:23 am »

I'll locate them and remove so that in the next update it's fixed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.13.3475
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »

Version 0.7.13.3475
  • dynamic & adjustable time flow, time multiplier
  • time of day and day of year preserved & persisted in UI
  • added rotation around x,y axes in builder ui (k and l keys)
  • fixed video recording producing empty files
  • handled CTD in creation of aircraft and vehicle
  • fixed demo mode not launching truck from the menu
  • fixed atmo bug on terrain with enforced anisotropic filtering
  • fixed water artifacts (might cause perf degradation on ATI 7k series with old drivers)
  • fixed shadow depth artifacts
Note: the autoupdater seems to have some problems seeing the update, please apply the patch manually for now: Anteworld-0.7.13.3456-3475
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:31:43 pm by cameni »

mustang60348

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 03:14:59 pm »

Not seeing .3475

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

Seems the autoupdater refuses to update it. Please apply it manually for now until we resolve it.
Anteworld-0.7.13.3456-3475
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32