Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 250812 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.15.3673
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:18 pm »

Can you make it so we have to start vehicles with the start key that way when we press the key to shut off the engine pressing forward doens't start it up again.
You mean that it could be started with the forward key the first time, but when the user actually manages to find/use the start/stop key, it won't start via the forward key anymore, right?

Can a park button be assigned now or will manual gears be able to select "PARK" because it can be finicky on hills to actually get a vehicle into park....
Hmm there should be a park button (space), but to tell the truth I haven't tested it long time.

AND when you shut down a vehicle while driving it just keeps going. No power loss at all and just plays the start sound and moves on.
That can be simulated by adding a constant braking force, in t817.js it's done (brake += 500;)

where did these lines go?   steering:20.0, steering_ecf:2, centering:10.0, centering_ecf: 2
return {mass:mass, com:{z:com}, steering: ...};

Still no lateral slip by default.. Tisk tisk.. I will add it.
By default it's 0.5 of the longitudinal, when unspecified.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2013, 02:33:29 pm »

1. Yes, that is the idea.. Perhaps a UI popup displaying the controls for a few seconds fading out after the first load of a vehicle (disable-able for people that get use to it).

2. There is an emergency brake bind but it hasn't worked in a while and it never locked, it was only a momentary (which is fine for an E-Brake)

3. Yes and no. If you are holding the forward key it doesn't actually stop the force.

4. I added them and it works fine. What values does it use if you don't have those things defined?

5. Is it a percentage of the slip? or its own value? I think I have had the slip at 0.0 and the lateral still functioned.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2013, 02:49:56 pm »

3. Yes and no. If you are holding the forward key it doesn't actually stop the force.
If you are holding it while getting out?

4. I added them and it works fine. What values does it use if you don't have those things defined?
http://xtrac.outerraworld.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/vehicle_params

5. Is it a percentage of the slip? or its own value? I think I have had the slip at 0.0 and the lateral still functioned.
A multiplier of slip. When it's not specified, it's set at default 0.5 (of the main slip value). With main slip 0 .. it should all slip.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »

What about MPH?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2013, 06:59:34 pm »

why not both? some vehicle gauges have both units of speed
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:27:54 pm by Kelvinr »
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2013, 08:17:29 pm »

Google stuff seems to be back up an running again.  ;D (Not related to the update)
Muuuch faster than yesterday.  Finally.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:19:25 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:35 pm »

Could a setting in the eng.cfg or in the Misc options be set to choose Imperial or Metric? I personally would use MPH and Kelvin for temperature.. Just to be a boss.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

I can be hot or I can be cold depending on the mood I'm in, ;D. We should have "Newton" force added somewhere as a separate gauge so we can see how much force is applied when a tank runs over the Lamborghini on the moon when pushed with your little finger from a small distance.

K.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2013, 11:22:32 pm »

Even in old Egypt one has had the metrical system and only the come down empire everything still wants to calculate with his feet... :P
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #369 on: May 04, 2013, 12:32:38 am »

Even Top Gear UK uses MPH.. There are just some things that sound better in Imperial. Metric has no rhythm.. "That dude is Six Foot Four!"  or  "That dude is one hundred and ninety three centimeters!"..

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2013, 01:38:03 am »

Heh, that depends on the culture. Six Foot Four tells absolutely nothing to me, could be a dwarf :)

I suppose you are talking about the HUD, right? Cause every vehicle will compute and show whatever it wants, while the physics simulation will always be metric. You can make a vehicle skin that picks what it shows etc.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #371 on: May 04, 2013, 02:44:27 am »

Yeah the hud. By chance how fast does the First Person "8" character walk? It seems like 8-10m/s!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #372 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:29 am »

It's running by default, walking with shift.

mLichy

« Reply #373 on: May 04, 2013, 11:20:12 pm »

When using the road tool, if I create a road, then exit the tool and come back, if I try to ctrl + click and add a new end point, it tries to create a new end point from the start/other end of the road. 

Is there a way to create based on the currently selected point/the other end of the road?  I might need to take a look again.  Maybe I missed something?  I'm pretty tired at the moment though, so it very well could be user error.   

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #374 on: May 05, 2013, 12:50:35 am »

Currently it always appends new points to the end, it cannot add them to the beginning. You can only use the Ins key to subdivide the road nodes and then stretch them, but obviously that's good just for small modifications.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32