Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 250935 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.15.3690
« Reply #420 on: May 31, 2013, 05:40:11 pm »

Ok, I forgot to remove the init events when the aux handling changed.
I'll check AAuxa1 too.

museumsteve

« Reply #421 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »

Hi chaps..I just jumped on board to see how the Rift support is but when I double click to launch nothing happens. There's no log, probably cos it's never actually started.
I'm on Win7 x64, i7 with HD7950 3GB on catalyst 13.3
Odd thing, Outerra doesn't have any dependencies so it should run as is.
Did you install it to default paths? Maybe an antivirus is preventing it from running, are you using any? Maybe there will be something logged in the system/app windows events.

Hi mate
I started from scratch and have the same issue.
Nothing really running in the background but it wants to open a window and start but doesnt. I've attached the eng.log if it helps (assuming this is what you need)

gordo

« Reply #422 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:12 pm »

I'm seeing the MiG black screen again with 3691: After a while flying the MiG, the screen goes black, the Time of Day slider goes to 0 and is unmovable, he altitude and heading reset and exiting and restarting Outerra does nothing until i edit world.cfg to put time-of-day and day-of-year back to a reasonable range, then everything goes back to normal until the next time I fly the MiG around...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2013, 01:09:01 am »

Nothing really running in the background but it wants to open a window and start but doesnt. I've attached the eng.log if it helps (assuming this is what you need)
The log contains this:
Code: [Select]
INFO: Some foreign modules were found injected into outerra.exe. Note that these modules can interfere with the rendering, causing black screen or rendering artifacts. It's advised either to stop the programs or unload them.
The following potentially problematic modules were found:
C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Driver\Win32\S3DInjector.dll (iZ3D Inc., iZ3D Driver), version 1.0.151.5443

I wonder if the iZ3D driver isn't causing it, because the log ends on an OpenGL initialization call and if iZ3D hijacks that one but doesn't handle it right, then OT cannot initialize.
Is it possible to temporarily shut down iZ3D to test it? Or to blacklist outerra.exe somewhere in iZ3D configuration to prevent the injection.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #424 on: June 01, 2013, 01:11:29 am »

I'm seeing the MiG black screen again with 3691: After a while flying the MiG, the screen goes black, the Time of Day slider goes to 0 and is unmovable, he altitude and heading reset and exiting and restarting Outerra does nothing until i edit world.cfg to put time-of-day and day-of-year back to a reasonable range, then everything goes back to normal until the next time I fly the MiG around...
We have fixed some issues with JSBSim in the development build, but those mostly relate to the initialization. This is odd. What's your GPU and what frame rates you are getting?

museumsteve

« Reply #425 on: June 01, 2013, 05:26:38 am »

The log contains this:
INFO: Some foreign modules were found injected into outerra.exe. Note that these modules can interfere with the rendering, causing black screen or rendering artifacts. It's advised either to stop the programs or unload them.
C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Driver\Win32\S3DInjector.dll (iZ3D Inc., iZ3D Driver), version 1.0.151.5443

I wonder if the iZ3D driver isn't causing it, because the log ends on an OpenGL initialization call and if iZ3D hijacks that one but doesn't handle it right, then OT cannot initialize.
Is it possible to temporarily shut down iZ3D to test it? Or to blacklist outerra.exe somewhere in iZ3D configuration to prevent the injection.

I'll have another look tonight and report back :)

gordo

« Reply #426 on: June 01, 2013, 12:28:06 pm »

We have fixed some issues with JSBSim in the development build, but those mostly relate to the initialization. This is odd. What's your GPU and what frame rates you are getting?

I'm using a GTX 570 and getting 60 fps generally speaking.

museumsteve

« Reply #427 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »

The log contains this:

I ended up uninstalling iZ3D and same issue :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #428 on: June 01, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »

Did it vanish from the eng.log too? Does it now say "no injected modules"?

Well, then it could be only that the AMD drivers are in a bad state. This happens too often, see for example this comment: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1f5zpv/outerra_anteworld_now_with_alpha_oculus_rift/ca7ass3
Seems to be the same issue, crashing on start, after a clean reinstall of the drivers it works normally.

This is another issue with AMD Catalyst installer, and only a clean reinstall of the drivers solves it - a new driver installation alone won't help it.

I wish we could detect when this happens, so we could give AMD a complete bug report. We reported these issues ages ago, but they can't seem to reproduce it.

hhrhhr

« Reply #429 on: June 01, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

did you collect technical data about videocards? how many AMD cards used vs other?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #430 on: June 01, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »

Apparently Intel's new Haswell supports OpenGL 4.0?

Not that I care, because you shouldn't be using only the CPU for this anyways... (so far))
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.15.3700
« Reply #431 on: June 02, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »

Version 0.7.15.3700
  • the about window is shown at startup the first time, updated info about the controls
  • higher screen resolution enabled for Rift, helps with antialiasing
  • centered ui in stereo mode
  • extended stereo configuration, separate tab in menu, optional stereo config in eng.cfg
  • added emulated rift mode
  • smooth start/stop movement in ufo mode
  • fixed ufo speed lock
  • removed init aux events in vehicle
  • fixed smoke on Nvidia
  • vehicles back in the static obj list
  • fixed memory leak when flying very fast & far

Note: stereo mode (without Rift) doesn't currently work with MSAA enabled.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:21:33 am by cameni »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #432 on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

The smoke is indeed working, but as soon as it spawns the FPS drop to 1 maybe 2.
Also the smoke looks pixelated.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

M7

« Reply #433 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

same here , one puf of smoke and i go from 100fps to 1

Nvidia gtx 660 ti

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #434 on: June 02, 2013, 06:17:14 pm »

thanks for the update! also having same problem with smoke! framerate gone!
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32