Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Caves, Mines & Underground Establishments  (Read 4882 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Caves, Mines & Underground Establishments
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

"Caves , Mines & Underground Establishments"

It would be a really nice addition to Outerra.But?How would the developers of Outerra help you develop such things?... Well... They don't!

My idea is simple.

We need just the "entrance".

Let me elaborate on that.Well.. you remember that you can eventually go trough the ground?Well you see, that is the solution.We just need a tear in the ground to make the entrance.The entrance of a cave / deep mine or just an underground city.We can make those piece by piece, with stairs, or rock textures.We will just have to import it and build it.But we need some kind of tear in the ground so the terrain will go around it.Think of it like drawing with the "road" making tool, but the only difference you don't make roads.You make gaps in the ground, that can even lead you to the middle of the planet.But of course, I don't think you will go so far, that would be a long distance to go just with models imported of tunnels or elevators in mines.

My idea is a "simple" request for the future.Maybe it can be added to the "Road&Railway" tool, where you can simple have a "hole" maker tool that works just like the road one.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com

Sam

• nearby
Re: Caves, Mines & Underground Establishments
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:00 am »

A way to build verry simple "tunnels" are roads under buildings. So you can build underground roads under towns for example.  :D
Resident of Outerra

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
Re: Caves, Mines & Underground Establishments
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:08:45 am »

Yep.. but it is an exhausting amount of work to cover stuff like that.  :P
Solutions don't need to be only visual, but making it easier and faster to release content.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670