Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video Recording Issue  (Read 10122 times)

jvill

Re: Video Recording Issue
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 07:55:54 am »

In light of the situation, I tried using Fraps to record the footage instead. However, I think the counter-hack that came with the latest update interferes with that program maybe? Not sure, because a large square flickers in the bottom left corner and the frame rate jitters when I try to record.

Unless I can find someone with an up to date AMD/ATI card, I won't be able to record. :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 08:53:18 am »

We are trying to identify the issue. Even on ATI it's not quite ok.

jvill

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 05:59:21 am »

Hey guys! Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has there been any progress? I don't want to seem ungrateful, as you guys are doing a fantastic job. Are there any other work-around solutions to recording Outerra footage in the mean-time aside from finding a friend with an AMD graphics card (I checked, and couldn't find one :( ...  )?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 06:09:38 am »

It's been fixed some time already, sorry I forgot to update this thread. Should be ok from this version: http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1402.msg16689#msg16689

I also updated the info for video recording:
  • for stable recording lock fps to half the refresh rate of your display running at 60Hz (you can do it in the graphics config via Vertical Sync setting). In this mode the recorder simply takes each frame and writes it to the disk, whereas in the unsynchronized mode (default one) it picks frames that are closest to the desired recording frame position, but unless your frame rate is quite high it can produce jitter.
    Note: on ATI cards it's currently not possible to sync to the half of display refresh rate due to a bug in their OpenGL driver (It was reported early in 2012 but still no confirmation of it being fixed)

jvill

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:21 am »

Awesome! I'm downloading the newest version as we speak and can't wait to test it out. I'll keep you posted if I have any more problems.

jvill

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:45:39 am »

It recorded great, and I used the conv.bat in command. Perfect!
Pages: 1 [2]