User mods, screenshots & videos > Textures

Custom Tree Textures Version 1.0 - with seasons & Custom_Textures_v4.5

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sam:
Hi Kelvin

It's difficult to build mixed forrest with mixed trees? Independently from altitude difference and Long / Lat location.

Edit
If you rename the world.cfg to world_summer for example, so Outerra write a new world.cfg. automatically. So if you change the season, you must rename the world.cfg to worldorig or something like that and the world_summer rename to world.
Or you edit always the original world.cfg.   ;D

Likewise you must change the AustrianPine.dds, otherwise you will see the wrong tree color.

KelvinNZ:
At present the developers only have one tree type available, it is just a 2d tree texture which should change later.

You can create 4 versions of the world.cfg file if you choose to and then configure each texture-mod parameter in each file for each season. the austrianPine.dds file must be copied over to the texture folder if you want the tree to match the season. I have instructions to do this in my custom_textures_v4.5.zip file.

Please note that this is all a work around until the developers integrate their technology into the engine so there maybe a time that will mean all this is not necessary.

HansensUniverse:
Hmm when i click on the link it says Invalid link, can some one help ? :)

KelvinNZ:

--- Quote from: HansensUniverse on October 23, 2013, 06:29:40 am ---Hmm when i click on the link it says Invalid link, can some one help ? :)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, sorry, I had some retention problems with some textures before, so not all textures are available. I didn't worry too much because it was all early work with some flaws and I started work on some other texture sets.

find what you can here its hit and miss.

cheers

Kelvin

HansensUniverse:
No problem looking forward to these new things coming to Outerra my current favorite engine, bone stock it's pretty amazing textures to start off with

Cheers

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version