Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: "Magic Squares"  (Read 5538 times)

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
"Magic Squares"
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »

Ok so... this one is an older one.I tried to report it, like a week or two ago... but I was to lazy to make the screen shots I think.So ignore the fact that this is posted whit the new textures and stuff.

So.. in the next screens you will see in each corner of the screen "white-yellowish squares"(before the update they where just "white", probably because the update made the "crust" from under the texture changed the color because of the bloom effect, and when you see the "white" from under it yellowish because of the reflection ).Anyway... depending on the angle of the camera when you are on the ground like I was there, somewhere between 5 meters and 1 meter.. but you can see them best when you are closer. Hmmmm... maybe I'm the only one experiencing this so.. dunno.Anyway, it is bothering to see all over the edge of the screen 1-2 centimeters around it, all this "magic squares" flickering.Ok... so this might look minor, but yeah..check it out, look for the edges of the screen.

1) Left:

2) Down:

3) Right:

4) Up:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:40:12 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

Re: "Magic Squares"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:44:40 pm »

Oh and yeah, I think this started appearing after that major update from ATI. The version was something 0.7.13.3450< ( I think maybe a month a go or something like that ... sry for reporting this so late ) :)

And I say again, it might be something just from me.Or from the driver.Or it can be for other persons as well.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:21:27 am »

Seems like a culling issue, hmm. Will try to jump into your screenshots to reproduce it.

Midviki

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:25:20 am »

It happens on any kind of texture and they are very visible, when you move slow, just like you where walking.You just need to be like 1 meter height and look around the ground mostly.Yep.. and move the camera very slowly they appear and disappear!
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 01:36:07 am »

Seems like your sceenshots do not have the positional info stored in them, but I verified that Minus keeps the info in uploaded images. Are you modifying them in some other program before uploading?

Midviki

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 01:38:22 am »

Well I have no idea where the screen shots from OT are placed. So I do them the old fashion way. Pressing the button and ctrl+v in paint.  ;D
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 01:42:14 am »

In your OT data directory under the screenshots/ folder.
Upon pressing F8. Obviously, copying the screen doesn't put the GPS info there :)

Midviki

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 01:44:17 am »

Well actually if you can't see it its probably just me.That thing appears everywhere...Any corner of the planet, when I'm on the ground walking and look at the textures.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:58 am »

Ok... look.. maybe this helps... this one I made it with "F8" like you said. (I was never using that to make screen shots)

ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 02:40:31 am »

Ok this worked, but I could not reproduce the bug here, until I noticed you were using reduced quality grass. For some reason it appears there, definitely a culling issue.

Midviki

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 02:55:36 am »

It appears on high quality grass as well.But the difference is that is hidden under the dense grass.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670