Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: A simulator based on soft-body physics  (Read 7905 times)

techno_werewolf

A simulator based on soft-body physics
« on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »

I ran across this vehicle simulator based on soft-body physics http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/ look cool.
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: A simulator based on soft-body physics
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »

Here is the skinny. RoR has already approached Cameni and they had a talk. And at that stage (8-10 months ago) the engine had WAY too much to do to get it stable let alone handling soft body physics. So those guys jumped over to the Cryengine for visual and world sim. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It just comes down to the BULLET Physics engine handling it and the world renderer+collisions too.

TL;DR: In the future. Not anytime soon.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

techno_werewolf

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:40:08 pm »

that would be cool Outerra+soft-body physics. does anyone know if RoR is any good?
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^

XZS

• Outerra Supporter!
    • LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

does anyone know if RoR is any good?

I used to play with the latest release, it is funny but far from being enjoyable.
The physics could be impressive in their videos, but in game it is not the same thing...

Too bad, because it is obvious that soft body is the future about realistic physics for cars.
Burn a book, save a tree.
LBQ3TS - French Youtube Poop

techno_werewolf

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:16:22 pm »

Ill download it this week. I hope my pc can run it, i so need more ram :(

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:39:59 pm »

They really done some great job there .. that has to be in OT !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:41:31 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »

does anyone know if RoR is any good?

I used to play with the latest release, it is funny but far from being enjoyable.
The physics could be impressive in their videos, but in game it is not the same thing...

Too bad, because it is obvious that soft body is the future about realistic physics for cars.

.. they have the weight of components and overall vehicles little off it seems ..  still, just starters, but proven it will get along and working in the future ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.