Outerra Engine > News

Middle-Earth World for Outerra released!

<< < (3/16) > >>

AKNightHawk:
This probably has to be the biggest RPG game world in existence right now wouldn't this set some kind of world record? btw awesome job. This is amazing indeed.

monks:
Heh...cheers dude...but I think Anteworld is about 20 times larger at least. Ok, maybe that's not an rpg, but neither is what we're doing. But it could be used for that I guess -it is a fecking big place, and it is surely the largest rendition of M-E to date largely thanks to Outerra! Hope you tried the demo man.  :)

monks

Arandil:
Ok, I FINALLY got time to pop this up, I bought the tech preview soon thereafter. This is absolutely amazing and a pure delight! I knew this was coming, and I know that this is basically just a rough draft with blemishes scattered about, but **** it looks fine! I enjoyed discovering that the best way to take off in a Cessna from the heights of Dol Amroth was just to let 'em roll down hill until they bounce up high enough and off you go. I did somehow bounce deep into space on one occasion, not much I could do at that point. But seriously, there's some just utterly fantastic places to explore as it is, and just getting a sense of the scale and the viewpoints from various locations is really, really enjoyable. I can see where Thranduil's halls should be, and the marshes downstream, Mirkwood is HUGE, Long Lake looks fantastic for waterskiing. My 4 year old daughter is even flying around in there (it's more of an uncontrolled acrobatic fall, but she enjoys it.)

Serious kudos guys! I don't know what else to say! \m/_ _\m/

monks:
I'll second that! \m/ \m/ ...glad you liked it dude and that we could finally get it to you folks in an enjoyable form!

monks

PytonPago:
They really did great job ... just to start modelling the world as for Tolkiens vision ... and start a massive online medieval-like FP battle at the Mordor gate !  8) LotR surely gets another comeback thanks to this ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version