Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Middle-Earth World for Outerra released!  (Read 221170 times)

M7

Re: Middle-Earth World for Outerra released!
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 01:32:09 am »

I also download me-dem from google and i cannot go past the 'initialising world' . Earth load fine. Will try the  Mega download.

edit:
 I downloaded from the torrent and it worked fine. But the default location have me in orbit  stairing at the dark sky with stars ,for a moment i thought i still had a problem as i tried the play with the daytime slider to no avail ... until i finally turned around   :-[
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:03:17 am by M7 »

btg202

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 04:39:41 am »

I also download me-dem from google and i cannot go past the 'initialising world' . Earth load fine. Will try the  Mega download.

edit:
 I downloaded from the torrent and it worked fine. But the default location have me in orbit  stairing at the dark sky with stars ,for a moment i thought i still had a problem as i tried the play with the daytime slider to no avail ... until i finally turned around   :-[

I can't seem to download the torrent file as the link is broken. Could you send it to me?

Thanks,

Ben

M7

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2014, 10:17:04 am »

Sorry i dont have it anymore. Have you tried the google drive link? it seems to work.

btg202

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 06:55:38 am »

Sorry i dont have it anymore. Have you tried the google drive link? it seems to work.

I managed to get it, but it either loads as a black world, or says 'initializing the world...' like you had. Did you manage to find a fix?

Thanks,

Ben

monks

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 07:06:55 am »

I'm not sure what is going on with this. We've both been very busy. I pop on here every so often to see the Outerra updates. Maybe Brano can shed some light on it.

monks

monks

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 07:22:38 am »

Brano will have to look at the download. As far as installation and run time problems, I'll take a look at the latest version of OT running with the demo I've got on my hd- see if I can identify any problems on mine.

monks

btg202

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 07:56:15 am »

Brano will have to look at the download. As far as installation and run time problems, I'll take a look at the latest version of OT running with the demo I've got on my hd- see if I can identify any problems on mine.

monks

Sounds good thanks. I only found out about this the other day, but is has such a huge potential.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:11 am »

There seems to be a problem with the default camera location. Please run the attached mod to fix it.

medem-campos-fix.otx
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:07:29 am by cameni »

btg202

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 02:18:18 am »

There seems to be a problem with the default camera location. Please run the attached mod to fix it.

Thanks Cameni, it seems to be fully working now. Out of curiosity, is there any more plans for development?

Ben

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:03 am »

There's a new, much better biome model prepared, with the land positioned correctly on the globe (more to the north). ME-DEM guys certainly have plans to continue enhancing it, but it's still just a hobby project and research into means of making planet-scale detailed terrain that has enough detail to look good up close. However, there's no higher goal with it, as it cannot be expected that anyone will be able to acquire a license for M-E anyway.

btg202

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2014, 07:22:41 am »

There's a new, much better biome model prepared, with the land positioned correctly on the globe (more to the north). ME-DEM guys certainly have plans to continue enhancing it, but it's still just a hobby project and research into means of making planet-scale detailed terrain that has enough detail to look good up close. However, there's no higher goal with it, as it cannot be expected that anyone will be able to acquire a license for M-E anyway.

Sounds good, thanks for the update. Keep us posted as to when this will get released. It would definitely be amazing to see any expansion of vegetation that is more suited towards different environments like Mirkwood etc.

Thanks again.

Ben

monks

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:17 am »

Hi, yes, we will continue it, but things are on the back burner for the immediate future. Improving the biomes would be a major enhancement. I've still yet to install the latest Outerra here...I've got a beta deadline around about now for a game I'm working on, so things are a bit log jammed here, until that's done. If anyone knows anything about ME-DEM...well...people said we'd never do it...and we did...but it took us 8 years...I took 18 months out for my band, but it's one of those things that's always in my mind...and I returned to it and we got to where we are now!...Releasing the demo with Brano's help was more than anyone ever expected, so it's been a certified success so far. Interest from people always helps too...although I have to say haha...there were long periods where we were very much under the radar and people returned and were shocked to find that we were still alive and kicking :-D

monks

Nimfrost

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 06:08:39 am »

Wow this is really amazing. I always wanted to explore the landscape of Middle Earth in 3D :)

Do you have any news about the next update?
I would love to see water on the rivers plus the updated biome model.

Thank you so much for making this.

aWac9

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »

sure many things were in the pipeline,, one was sure dunes. In the world there are huge tracts of desert terrain of sand and rock,,.
Hopefully someday continue this great work.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:48:33 pm by aWac9 »

LeeP

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2015, 09:43:40 pm »

Wow! Nice.
Is there any way to change settings in Outerra to create rock formations like that?
Or any sites that you can download from? 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:47:50 am by LeeP »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6