Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Real Asteroid data?  (Read 3755 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Real Asteroid data?
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

How about getting this dataset and having the realworld asteroid data floating around. What kind of load would this put in a client. Obviously you wouldn't have to see it all, all the time from earth.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
Re: Real Asteroid data?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:37:13 pm »

Zeos, that was a fantastic way to spend 14 minutes.  Thanks for finding and sharing.  I saw video of the Ural event this morning.  Scary stuff.  Big, bangity bang bang bang.  Loud, too.  "The sky is falling (tm)."

And we don't even need Bruce Willis to save us.  Another plus.  :D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »

I just wonder what would have happened a few decades ago should that very loud BANG occurred over Russia in less quiet times.

Das Americana! El-Bombo!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »

I would like to think that cooler heads would have prevailed and done a bit of analysis before a knee jerk start to WWIII.  Still, one never knows, and it's funny that one talking head in Russia did indeed blame the US for the event.

The real teller is that a nuclear weapon re-entry vehicle contrail would not have been that flamboyant since they are very small, even though the blast that I've seen sure reminds me of a small nuke.