Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: CityXL 2011.  (Read 11673 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
CityXL 2011.
« on: October 17, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58510

Wow. This looks pretty good.

Needs more outerra.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Vicious713

CityXL 2011.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:38:21 am »

I got Cities 2010, it's pretty great, i like to just lie down roads and make nice screens out of it than actually bother with city building, lol. 2011 is just more optimized with more buildings, and no multiplayer. Don't think it's worth spending another 30 dollars when i already got 2010.

Oh, in related news, Electronic Arts purchased the url "www.simcity5.com" a few months ago.. Thats all i've heard on that front.
3d Modeler, Sketch Artist and Level Designer

Jagerbomber

CityXL 2011.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:57:48 am »

Hmm... Well, technically Societies was SimCity 5 which was EA and they pretty much completely ****** it over.  Definitely the worst day 1 purchase I've ever had and then they abandoned it pretty much before the month was over.  If there actually is a new SimCity, I'll definitely wait a bit to see how good it is.  Also, Will Wright isn't doing SimCity anymore I believe and Maxis was eaten by EA.  :(
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Vicious713

CityXL 2011.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:20 am »

Quote from: Jagerbomber
Hmm... Well, technically Societies was SimCity 5 which was EA and they pretty much completely ****** it over.  Definitely the worst day 1 purchase I've ever had and then they abandoned it pretty much before the month was over.  If there actually is a new SimCity, I'll definitely wait a bit to see how good it is.  Also, Will Wright isn't doing SimCity anymore I believe and Maxis was eaten by EA.  :(

Ya, currently the same team doing The Sims actually owns the rights to SimCity.
3d Modeler, Sketch Artist and Level Designer