Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Miles of track  (Read 37715 times)

planetsim

Re: Miles of track
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 12:01:33 am »

ok ...so is there anything I can do to help with the rail physics implementation right now ?

planetsim

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:29 am »

Hallo :)

Any luck with adding rails support and rendering or  a railway physics vehicle type?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:51:16 am by planetsim »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

Unfortunately it's not a matter of luck, and while the railway tracks are in the plan for a long time, we have lots of open stuff that needs completing before we open new tasks.

planetsim

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:40:56 pm »

ok, we will wait :)

By the way what are you guys working on at the moment ?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:22:12 pm by planetsim »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 01:51:07 pm »

Apart from secret contracted stuff - terrain self-shadowing, tree shadows, lights, SSAO, Rift DK2 support ...

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »

>  secret contracted stuff

Damn you!

Waterboarding for all!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

planetsim

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 09:44:22 am »

Whats been happening in Outerra over the last few weeks :)

Here is what I wants in Outerra :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/BNSF_GE_Dash-9_C44-9W_Kennewick_-_Wishram_WA.jpg

HiFlyer

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 09:47:08 am »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/BNSF_GE_Dash-9_C44-9W_Kennewick_-_Wishram_WA.jpg

Granted, the game in your picture has good graphics and a high frame rate...... but there's no way to save your progress, and you only get one life!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »

Granted, the game in your picture has good graphics and a high frame rate...... but there's no way to save your progress, and you only get one life!!

And the tracks editing takes so much time ! :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 05:52:03 pm »

Hmmmmmmm....... I wonder.........

Since they are redoing the road system anyway, and I assume adding support of some sort for waterways, it seems a shame to not throw track support in there while they are at it.........

A lot of people would be ecstatic........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 11:56:50 am »

Tracks alone won't be enough, you'll need also a physics module.

Tracks require two things, a modification to the road system (for track foundation), and a spline-based geometry generator (repeater, for cross ties and rails).
Repeater requires a modification of the material system to support small instanced geometry rendering without a full blown object pipeline. It's going to be used also for other road and railroad related things like poles, guard rails, but also highway connections, bridges and tunnels.
Material system update depends on shader system update (which is now mostly ready, so it's waiting on a free time slot).

HiFlyer

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 03:40:45 pm »

Cool! Sounds very promising!

Cormac21

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »

Wow its really awesome.
I personaly like that concept and I`d love to see it here.
Well done..

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 01:49:26 am »

Tracks alone won't be enough, you'll need also a physics module.

Tracks require two things, a modification to the road system (for track foundation), and a spline-based geometry generator (repeater, for cross ties and rails).
Repeater requires a modification of the material system to support small instanced geometry rendering without a full blown object pipeline. It's going to be used also for other road and railroad related things like poles, guard rails, but also highway connections, bridges and tunnels.
Material system update depends on shader system update (which is now mostly ready, so it's waiting on a free time slot).
It also needs a procedural rail system to automatically create cuts and blades in junctions.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.
Pages: 1 [2]